Signature SELECT Madeleine Cookies & Brownie Bites
If you are doing any entertaining for Memorial Weekend, pick up dessert on the cheap with these HOT deals on Safeway’s Signature SELECT Madeleine Cookies and Brownie Bites.
Perfect for creating a memorable dessert table, or for using to make simple desserts that don’t require you to heat the oven.
These new desserts from Safeway are baked by Sugar Bowl Bakery, a family-owned bakery in California.
Craving something sweet but not too sweet? Baked to be firm yet delicately crunchy, the Madeleine French cake cookies are the answer. Serve these at your next dinner party or just indulge in them by yourself with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
The madeleines are made with real butter and have no preservatives.
Pair with fresh whipped cream and berries to make mini madeleine strawberry trifles as shown below.
Madeleine and Brownie Bites Coupon and Sale Details
- Signature SELECT Madeleine Cookies 14 oz on sale for $4.49 through June 2nd
- Load Just for U Digital Coupon for $1.50 off 1 Signature SELECT Madeleine Cookies, limit 1, valid through 5/31
- Final Price = $2.99
In the mood for chocolate? Gobble up one of the Signature SELECT Petite Brownie Bites. The little bite-sized pieces of chocolate heaven, right out of the box or warmed up.
- Signature SELECT Petite Brownie Bites 14 oz on sale for $4.49 through June 2nd
- Load Just for U Digital Coupon for $1.50 off 1 Signature SELECT Petite Brownie Bites, limit 1, valid through 5/31
- Final Price = $2.99
Top with brownies with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate for a delicious brownie a la mode.
Get Signature SELECT Ice Cream for just $.49 with a coupon this weekend.
Madeleine Strawberry Trifle
This cute dessert comes together with the simplest preparation.
- Fresh strawberries, sliced
- Madeleine cookies, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- Heavy whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Granulated Sugar for macerating the strawberries.
- Balsamic Glaze (optional)
Place the sliced strawberries in a small bowl and toss with a teaspoon of granulated sugar to macerate and bring out their juices. Let the berries sit for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile – prepare the fresh whipped cream by beating cold heavy cream with a tablespoon of powdered sugar with a mixer until medium peaks are formed.
Layer the madeleine cookies, strawberries, fresh whipped cream in a small glass and repeat. Top with a whole madeleine for effect.
I used 2 Madeleine cookies per glass plus one on the top.
Garnish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar or fresh mint.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*