There are some awesome deals at Safeway this week with which to make some great meals for the week. Here is a meal plan that will cost you under $43 for 7 meals ($6.09/meal)
The recipes I’ve linked to here are just provided as a guide with minimal preparation steps and ingredients, ideal for the busy mom who wants to get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes or in the crock pot. 😉 You can always search for your own recipes, or substitute ingredients for your family. I’ve shown a meal cost per person based on 5 people since there are 5 people in my family.
Monday – Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches – USDA Choice Chuck roast, beef broth, Lipton Onion Soup Mix (added to the recipe), Coast to Coast Hoagie Rolls, French Fries ($17 meal or $3.40/person)
Tuesday – Chicken Tortilla Soup – Shredded Chicken Breast, chopped onion, 2 cans of beans, 1 can tomatoes, 1 can of corn, tortilla strips, 2 avocados, taco seasoning, lime for garnish ($12.68 meal – $2.50/person)
Friday – Lemon Chicken Thighs with steamed rice and Green Giant Steamers green beans ($5.00 meal or $1/person)
Saturday – Slow Cooker Sausage & Egg Breakfast Casserole ($7.00 meal or $1.40/person)
Sunday – Pizza and Salad Night – 2 Freschetta Pizza’s $3.33 each and 1 O Organics Salad Clamshell for $2.99 each ($6.32 meal or $1.26 per person).
- 2 Safeway Kitchens Canned Beans – $.50 each ($1.00)
- 2 Safeway Kitchens Canned Diced Tomatoes – $.50 each ($1.00)
- 1 can Safeway Kitchens Canned Corn – $.50
- 2 avocados – $.99 each ($1.99)
- Taco Seasoning – $.99 (or make your own with ingredients you already have – with this recipe: Homemade Taco Seasoning)
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix – $.50
- Safeway Tortilla Strips 4 oz – $2.39 each
- Lucerne Shredded Cheese – $1.49 with Just for U Digital coupon
- Organic kale – $.99 each
- Coast to Coast Hoagie Rolls 6 ct. – $2.49 each
- Chicken Thighs – $.99/lb. – 3 lbs ($2.97)
- Chicken Drumsticks – $.99/lb – 3 lbs ($2.97)
- Assorted Pork Chops – $.99/lb Value Pack – $5.00 for 5 lbs.
- Chicken Breasts – $2.99/lb everyday
- Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles – $2.44
- Safeway Frozen French Fries – $2.00 a bag everyday
- Safeway Frozen Hashbrowns – $2.00 a bag everyday
- Green Giant Steamers Green Beans – $1.00
- 2 Onions – at $.79/lb. – as low as $.09 for 1 pound
- 3 Lemons – $.89 each – ($2.67)
- 1 Lime – 1 $.33 each
- 1 Cauliflower head – $.99/lb. ($2.18)
- Lucerne eggs – $.99/dozen
- Total $42.66 (or an average of $7/meal)
Assumed Pantry Staples: olive oil, chicken and beef broth, rice, breadcrumbs, spices, salad dressing, salt, pepper, sour cream, curry seasoning. If you need to buy broth – you are looking to add another $5 or so to your total for 2 32 oz broth containers.
If you want to splurge – you can pick up USDA Choice Petite Sirloin Steaks for $3.99/lb. They come in a value pack, and I got 5 petite steaks for just $8.00… quite the treat! Because these are thin sliced, they cook on the grill in under 8 minutes. Literally 4 minutes per side on a pre-heated grill and dinner is done!
While shopping for your meals at Safeway this week, be sure to also stock the pantry and freezer on these essential meal ingredients as the prices are so low you will want to stock up!
- Safeway Kitchens canned corn, beans and tomatoes – $.50 each (pick up like 10 for just $5.00 to stock the pantry at this super low price)
- Francesco Rinaldi Pasta Sauce – $.99 each with Just for u Digital Coupon – and $.74 after ibotta rebate
- Prego Pasta Sauce – $.67
- Quaker Oats $2.49
- Florida’s Natural Orange Juice- $1.99
- Freschetta Pizza – $3.33
- Safeway Waffles – $1.00
- Contadina or Del Monte Canned Tomato Sauce 8 oz. – $.25 each
- Country Style Pork Shoulder Ribs – bone-in for $1.99/lb. pick up a pack for the freezer.
- Chicken drumsticks or thighs – at $.99/lb – pick up an extra pack for the freezer.
What are you making for dinner this week? Let us know in the comments. Do you want to plan a SuperSafeway meal? We love to hear from our readers, so if you love putting together meal suggestions using sale ingredients – email us at [email protected] – we’d love to have you guest blog on SuperSafeway!
Have you entered the $50 Safeway Gift Card contest yet? We are giving away 4 $50 gift cards next Monday, Feb 1st.