Eggs on Sale and Breakfast Egg Cups With Salsa and Cheese Recipe
Here is a super hot deal on eggs at Safeway! When you use a Just for U coupon this week, you can get eggs for just $.50 for 1 dozen (limit 2). Definitely buy 2 and use half of one carton for this amazing Salsa and Cheese Egg Cups Recipe. This egg cups can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator or freezer. Microwave for just under 1 minute and have eggs for breakfast in a matter of minutes every morning!
I tried this last weekend and my kiddos went through the 12 egg cups in 2 days – so next time I will double or triple batch it for sure! You can mix in any veggies or ham if you want. I love the fresh salsa flavor with melted cheese, but you can play around with different combinations until you find one you like!
Breakfast Egg Cups with Salsa and Cheese
- cooking spray
- eggs, 6 large
- cottage cheese, 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa, 1 1/2 cups
- shredded cheese, 1/4 cup
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and preheat oven to 375°F
- Whisk the eggs and cottage cheese together in a bowl or large measuring cup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the muffin tin and fill about 3/4 full
- Spoon salsa over the eggs in the muffin tin and top with shredded cheese
- Bake on 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until centers are set and no longer runny. Then broil for 1-2 minutes to toast the cheese on top.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Extras may be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, and in a freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to a month. Be sure to let the eggs cool completely before you place in a freezer bag.
Microwave the frozen egg cups on high for 45-60 seconds or until hot.
Thanks to Safeway for this great recipe video here:
Video and Image Credit: Safeway
We are giving away $250! Enter to win one of five $50 Safeway Gift Cards on October 4th here.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *