Avocado Quinoa Salad
Avocado Quinoa Salad is the perfect spring meal to help you get back on track for healthy eating.
I know I’ve fallen off the wagon, but with spring break just a few weeks away, I’ve been on a health kick to try to get ready for the beach. I’m taking the kids to visit their grandparents in FL and that means shorts and swimsuits, yikes!
I’ve found quinoa to be an especially great alternative for healthy eating since the super-food grain is packed with protein and it’s a low glycemic food which helps you feel full longer. I’ve partnered with Safeway to create a recipe using a new avocado oil from Chosen Foods and I created this Avocado Quinoa Salad using the avocado oil.
Avocado oil is the natural virgin oil pressed from the pulp of an avocado. It is high in antioxidants and healthy fats. Surprisingly, it has no flavor or scent to it. It’s just a light, clean vegetable oil that has a super high smoke point which makes it a great alternative for sautéing, baking, stir-fry, and salad dressings.
I used the oil for the dressing in my avocado quinoa salad and it created a smooth dressing with a mild flavor – in fact, you taste only apple cider vinegar, cumin and lime juice flavors in the dressing.
This avocado quinoa salad is really a superfood salad that helps nourish and detoxify your body. The quinoa is packed with protein, the avocado oil has healthy and filling fats, and the black beans also have tons of protein and fiber. The ingredients will fill you up all while helping detoxify your body from the inside.
How To Make Avocado Quinoa Spinach Salad
The salad is incredibly easy to prepare. Simply prepare the quinoa first according to package directions and then chop some baby spinach, fresh cilantro, green onions, and cherry tomatoes.
Drain and rinse a can of black beans and a can of corn and toss everything together in a large bowl.
The dressing can be made in a small bowl or a mason jar.
The dressing is simply avocado oil, fresh lime juice, cumin, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes for a little heat and apple cider vinegar for some brightness to the salad.
The Chosen Foods Avocado Oil is available at Safeway stores and retails for $10.99 for a 500 ml bottle. Each bottle contains Hass 15 avocados to ensure a mild, smooth flavor.
Be sure to try avocado oil as an alternative to other vegetable oils when you are baking, sautéing, stir-frying or making your own dressings.
Avocado Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa thoroughly rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 3-4 ounces spinach stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 2 avocados chopped
- 1 can 15 ounces corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 5-6 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large limes juiced
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Follow package instructions to cook the quinoa. Transfer to a large bowl and aside to cool completely.
- To the cooled quinoa, add the chopped spinach, rinsed corn, rinsed black beans, cherry tomatoes, chopped green onions, and finely chopped cilantro.
- Toss together. Top with chopped avocado.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, whisk together the lime juice, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, ground cumin, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
This post is sponsored on behalf of Safeway. I received the product to review as part of a recipe, however as always, opinions are my own. We appreciate you supporting the brands that make this site possible.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we post the Safeway weekly ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*