Black Bean Soup
Delight your tastebuds with this Super-Delicious Black Bean Soup recipe! Not only is it super simple, and budget-friendly, it’s also hearty and extra delicious. Top with scallions, avocado, corn kernels and enjoy!
Use up pantry staples to make delicious black bean soup. Combine fresh onions, red bell peppers with black beans, vegetable broth, salt and pepper and some fresh lemon zest with adds a brightness to the soup that is rather unexpected.
Black Bean Soup
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 4 cups cooked black beans
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp kosher salt divided
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1. Heat a stockpot to medium and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add onions and bell pepper, sautéing until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add cumin and stir to let it toast on the bottom of the pan. Pour in broth and stir, scraping up the brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add beans.
- 3. Bring soup to a simmer, letting simmer for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally, mashing about half of the beans by pressing them against the side of the pot with the back of a wooden spoon. Soup should be creamy, thick and chunky.
- 4. Turn off heat and stir in lemon zest. Top with scallions, avocado and corn kernels (optional)
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *