Chicken Taco Salad Recipe With Cilantro Lime Dressing
One of the most requested posts here on SuperSafeway is meal deals, which are meal ideas based on sale ingredients. Meal planning is a critical element of saving money and anytime you can plan your meals around sale ingredients, or shop your pantry for ingredients, then you are ahead of the game! This simple and delicious Chicken Taco Salad recipe is not only budget friendly, you may even be able to pull it off without going to the store, using ingredients from your refrigerator or pantry.
Anytime boneless, skinless chicken breasts are on sale for under $1.99/lb., I always buy an extra package for the freezer, that way I have it on hand for meal prep without having to run to the store and pay full price.
If you need to make a trip to the store, that’s ok – because chicken breasts are on sale, taco seasoning is on sale, olive oil is on sale, tortilla chips are on sale, sour cream is on sale, shredded cheese is on sale, black beans are on sale, romaine lettuce is on sale! The only ingredients not on sale on this list are under $1 to get anyway (cilantro, lime, avocado).
1. To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, evenly sprinkle with 1 heaping tablespoon taco seasoning, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, flipping frequently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on thickness of chicken breasts and sizes of pieces. Allow chicken to rest in pan off the heat while you assemble the salad.
2. In a large platter, add the lettuce and evenly sprinkle with the tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocado, cheese, tortilla chips, and chicken; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add the mayo, sour cream, lime juice, 1 heaping tablespoon taco seasoning, and whisk to combine.
4. Add the cilantro and stir to incorporate. Add additional lime juice to thin out dressing if desired.
5. Evenly drizzle dressing over salad. Extra dressing will keep airtight for up to 5 days in the fridge and makes a great veggie dip.
Thanks to our friends over at Safeway for the recipe inspiration and image.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *