Creamy Roasted Cauliflower & Red Pepper Soup
Cauliflower is such an amazing vegetable, and my new favorite way to eat it is as a Roasted Cauliflower Soup. Roasting cauliflower brings out a caramelized sweetness that you don’t get from eating cauliflower raw, and when you combine with roasted onions and red peppers, you get a warm and comforting soup that you can eat all winter long.
Cauliflower not only tastes good, it’s really good for you. Cauliflower is a member of the cancer-fighting cruciferous family of vegetables, it is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich, and may boost both your heart and brain health. Eating cauliflower will provide your body with impressive amounts of vitamin C, vitamin k, beta-carotene, and much more while supporting healthy digestion and detoxification. Combined with the vitamin E and C you get from the red bell peppers, this soup is a nutritional power soup!
Take advantage of the great sale on cauliflower at Safeway to make this Roasted Cauliflower & Red Pepper Soup for dinner this week. You may even want to buy two cauliflower heads and just eat the roasted cauliflower with onions as a side dish! So delicious!
Roasted Cauliflower & Red Pepper Soup
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets, rinsed & dried
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 oz roasted red peppers drained (from a jar)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- On a baking sheet, add cauliflower florets and toss with onion, garlic and olive oil. Sprinkle salt, rosemary and paprika, then toss again. Arrange in a single layer and bake for 40 minutes, tossing halfway through. Cauliflower should be tender and caramelized after roasting.
- In a blender or food processor, add vegetable broth, red bell pepper and all but 3/4 cup of the cauliflower mixture. Blend on medium to high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add mixture to a medium saucepan and scoop the rest of the roasted cauliflower. Heat on low, just until warmed throughout. Pour into bowls and serve.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *