Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps – 2 Ways
Chicken lettuce wraps are on a standard rotation for meal planning in our house. Not only are they incredibly delicious and low carb, but they are also really easy to make and can be very budget-friendly. While I typically use ground chicken to make lettuce wraps, you can easily use chicken breasts or thighs on sale to save even more and mix up your regular meal planning routine.
Take advantage of the hot sale price at Safeway on boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cucumbers, orange juice, and soy sauce to make these chicken lettuce wraps for dinner this week.
The 2 Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipes below are for Almond & Herb Chicken Lettuce Wraps with an Orange Dressing that uses fresh herbs like basil and cilantro combined with thinly sliced carrots, cucumbers, and scallions along with sliced toasted almonds for a little extra crunch. You serve with sweet and tangy orange, soy and dijon sauce to mix up the traditional lettuce wrap.
The second recipe is for a Chipotle, Jicama & Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps that combines fresh mango and jicama with a chipotle mayonnaise sauce. Either flavor you choose will be amazing and your family will want this to be on your regular meal rotation.
Check out more meal planning inspiration based on sales at Safeway in our From the Kitchen Page here.
Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- pinch of kosher salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Almond & Herb Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- 4 grilled chicken thighs or breasts cooked and cut into strips
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 6 basil leaves hand torn into smaller pieces
- 6 cilantro sprigs hand torn into smaller pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced carrots
- 12 thinly sliced cucumber rings
- 2 Tbs minced scallion
- 2 Tbs toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Dijon mustard
Chipotle, Jicama & Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps:
- 4 grilled chicken thighs or breasts cut into strips
- 6 leaves butter lettuce leaves
- 6 Tbs chipotle mayonnaise 3 Tbs for wraps, 3 Tbs reserved for sauce
- 6 thinly-sliced strips jicama
- 6 thinly-sliced mango strips
- 6 sprigs cilantro
- 3 lime wedges
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs finely-chopped chipotle en adobo
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- juice of fresh lime
- 1. Grill chicken: Heat grill to medium, oil and season chicken thighs or breasts with salt and pepper. Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil. Grill chicken thighs for about 5-6 minutes per side— cover to speed up the cooking process. Remove chicken thighs from grill and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- 2. Almond & Herb Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Build lettuce wraps in the following order: Lettuce leaves, carrot strips, grilled chicken, basil and cilantro, cucumber rings and scallions. Plate wraps and top with toasted almonds. Whisk orange juice, soy sauce and Dijon mustard together for the Orange Dressing, then serve with the wraps.
- 3. Chipotle, Jicama & Mango Chicken Lettuce Wraps: Build lettuce wraps in the following order: Lettuce leaves, chipotle mayonnaise, cooked chicken, jicama, mango and cilantro. Chipotle Dressing: Combine all ingredients and incorporate.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *
4 thoughts on “Grilled Chicken Lettuce Wraps 2 Ways”
used the chipotle dressing and loved it. Great flavor profile with the grilled chicken. Thanks for another great recipe.
You bet! Glad you liked it!
Very Nice! Lots of other uses for this. Lettuce wrap instead of a tortilla for tacos, etc. This opens up a lot of combos that will fit into my low-carb diet.