Peanut Butter Pancakes
In honor of National pancake month – I wanted to share a fabulous recipe for Peanut Butter Pancakes that I’ve been making for years! Homemade pancakes are so easy and I often use my blender to make my pancake batter using a combination of eggs, whole grain oats, baking powder, baking soda, almond milk and peanut butter! The recipe below calls for the ingredients to be combined in a bowl, however you can just as easily do it in a blender for quick and easy mixing. If you want to add a little extra sweetness and fun for the kiddos, you can add sliced bananas to each pancake as soon as you pour the batter onto the hot griddle. That will make peanut butter banana pancakes, or you can top with some dark chocolate chips to add some antioxidants to your pancakes!
Oat flour is actually just whole grain oats pulverized into a flour – no need to look for oat flour in the baking aisle, just make it yourself in the blender.
The best part of this recipe is that you likely have all the ingredients on hand in your home. If not – this is the perfect time to pick to the Open Nature Peanut Butter on sale for $2.50 or the Jif Peanut Butter on sale for $2.49 each when you buy 5, mix and match.
Check out additional recipes using sale ingredients from Safeway here.
- 3/4 cup oat flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbs 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together: oat flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together: egg, almond milk, maple syrup and peanut butter. Whisk vigorously for 1 minute. Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture, and stir just until moistened. Let batter rest 5 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the liquid - batter will thicken just a bit.
- Heat a flat griddle to medium (about 350º), and mist a light coating of nonstick butter spray. Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto griddle. Wait to flip the pancake until bubbles appear in the center of the pancake. Repeat for the rest of the batter. Serve warm pancakes immediately! Drizzle with pure maple syrup and O Organics® old fashioned peanut butter. Enjoy!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we post a preview of the Safeway weekly ad and we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also highlight the best month long deals from the Safeway Big Book of Savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and coupon doubling policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*