Roasted Tri-Tip Recipe With Root Vegetables
Tri-Tip Roasts are on super sale for buy one get one free this week so we wanted to share a Roasted Tri-Tip recipe with root vegetables. While you may associate root vegetables with fall cooking, carrots, sweet potatoes, and red potatoes are available year-round make for a delicious side to any beef roast.
The Tri-Tip comes from the Sirloin and is also known as a bottom sirloin roast or a triangle roast because of its triangular shape. This cut of meat is perfect for roasting since it’s thicker in the center, so it becomes fork tender after roasting for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Take advantage of the hot sale on tri-tip roasts, carrots, and red potatoes at Safeway and add this tri-tip roast to your weeknight or Sunday dinner menu. See more ideas of what to make with what’s on sale here.
- 1-2 lb tri-tip beef roast
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup sweet potato
- 2 cups red potatoes
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp minced rosemary
- 2 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425º. In a small mixing bowl, combine rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a rimmed baking sheet toss vegetables with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with half of the spice mixture. Move vegetables to the outer edge of baking sheet. Place roast in in center of baking tray and rub with 1 tablespoon olive oil (front and back side.) Season with remaining spice mixture.
- Place in oven for 30-40 minutes for medium rare (internal temperature of 130º), 40 to 50 minutes for medium (internal temperature of 140º.) Remove from oven and place roast on carving board. Tent loosely with foil.
- Increase oven temperature to 475º. Return vegetables to oven for 8-10 minutes.Slice meat and serve.
Watch a video of this tri-tip roast with root vegetable recipe coming together courtesy of our friends at Safeway here:
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*