Safeway announced on Saturday that they are closing nine Colorado locations due to lack of profitability. The nine stores will be closed by June 13th. Safeway officials had been evaluating operations at the stores for over a year, considering ways to improve performance, but ultimately determined that they needed to cease operations at these locations.
We wish the employees impacted by this closure the best of luck in getting re-located to one of the remaining Safeway stores.
The following locations will be closing:
• 560 Castle Pines Parkway, Castle Rock.
• 3904 E. 120th Ave, Thornton.
• 12900 Zuni, Westminster.
• 16921 E. Quincy Ave, Aurora.
• 22675 E. Aurora Parkway, Aurora.
• 1955 S. Sheridan Blvd., Denver.
• 7500 S. Pierce Street, Littleton.
• 1730 S. Buckley Road, Aurora.
• 8200 S. Quebec, Centennial.
What can we expect with this closure? We expect to see some store-wide mark-downs as they clear out the inventory over the next month. We will give you a heads up as to the mark-downs across the nine stores, in the event that one of these nine stores is your primary grocery store, you may be able to get some items for greater discounts than normal.