Skinny Spinach Dip Recipe
If you are planning your Super Bowl menu, be sure to add this delicious Skinny Spinach Dip to the menu! It won’t disappoint! When you make your own spinach dip, you control the ingredients and amount of fat that you put into a dish. This recipe uses Greek yogurt, low-fat cream cheese, fresh baby spinach, carrots, and scallions and gets its flavor from fresh garlic, lemon juice and zest, salt and a pinch of cayenne pepper. It’s really good and you can feel good about eating it! Serve hot or cold!
See 5 other dip options using Greek Yogurt in lieu of mayo in our healthier Game Day Snacks Post.
Skinny Spinach Dip
- 2 cups O Organics® plain Greek yogurt
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 cups roughly-chopped O Organics® baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- 1 garlic clove finely-minced
- 1 cup finely-chopped O Organics® baby carrots
- zest of 1 lemon plus 1 Tbs juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
In a large bowl, mix to combine Greek yogurt and cream cheese. Add remaining ingredients and stir until thoroughly incorporated. Serve.
1. For a peppery twist, replace half of the spinach with roughly-chopped baby arugula. 2. This dip is also great served warm. Place in a 350º oven for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Add a little freshly-grated parmesan cheese to the top before placing in the oven for a delicious crust.
Super Safeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.