Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe Idea – Harvest Turkey Salad
Do you still have leftover Thanksgiving turkey sitting in the refrigerator waiting to be used in a recipe? I used half of my leftovers to make a turkey noodle soup with carrots, celery, and homemade broth, and the other half of the turkey will be used to make this yummy harvest turkey salad. It’s full of ingredients I already have on hand in my pantry and fridge, which is the best kind of recipe! You simply mix cooked turkey with dried cranberries, onions, pecans, fresh apples and create a simple dressing with Greek yogurt and mayonnaise. It’s super easy to throw together and a great way to use up that leftover turkey!
Harvest Turkey Salad Recipe
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbs dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 cups chopped apples (green or red apples)
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs light mayonnaise
- Dash sugar
1. In bowl, combine turkey, onion, cranberries, walnuts or pecans, and feta cheese. Toss chopped apples with lemon juice and add to turkey mixture.
2. In small bowl, mix together yogurt, mayonnaise, and sugar. Carefully mix with turkey mixture.
Serve as is, or over bibb lettuce or mixed greens for a satisfying lunch or dinner salad idea. You can also serve as a sandwich over a toasted focaccia bread.
Have you entered for your chance to WIN 1 of 4 $50.00 gift cards to Safeway? The contest runs from November 21st – November 30th at 10 pm MDT. Winners will be announced on Thursday, December 1st. Click here to find out more and enter the drawing.
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for the recipe idea and image!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *