Vegan Strawberry Crepe Cakes
Celebrate the amazing deal on fresh strawberries at Safeway right now with this beautiful, delicious, on-trend Vegan Strawberry crepe cake recipe. Made with garbanzo bean flour, nut milk, maple syrup, strawberries and lemon, these crepes are a lovely vegan option for dessert or brunch.
The sweetness of the strawberries overpowers the garbanzo bean flavor and you don’t even taste any garbanzo beans in this recipe.
I’ve been playing around with a nutritarian/vegan diet lately in an effort to use more whole plant based foods in my diet and when I came across this recipe, originally from Safeway, I thought I would share it for anyone else who is interested in including more plant-based foods in their diet.
The 32 oz strawberries are on sale now for just $3.33 a package when you buy 3 blueberries, strawberries or raspberries at Safeway. It’s the perfect time to experiment with a new recipe!
- 2 cups unsweetened nut milk
- 1 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- Coconut Cream
- Fresh Strawberries
- Coconut Flakes
- 1 15- oz can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 lb sliced strawberries rinsed, tops removed and cut in half
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs almond butter
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- In a blender, combine nut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and garbanzo flour. Turn on high and blend for 1 minute. Let rest 1 hour on counter.
- Preheat a non-stick 10-inch sauté pan on medium to medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into pan and spread evenly and thinly. Let cook about 1 minute or until edges of crepe are lightly browned and the center is firm. Flip and cook additional 30-60 seconds until lightly browned. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Add garbanzo beans to a food processor and pulse 4 times. Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- To assemble cake, place a layer of hummus on a crepe. Top with another crepe and repeat until all crepes are used. Place in refrigerator for at least 2-4 hours to set (up to overnight). If refrigerating overnight, cover with plastic wrap. Remove and garnish, if desired. Cut into wedges and serve.
The presentation is sure to “wow” your guests, too!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*