What to Buy in February
February is full of reasons to celebrate and save. The month started off with the Super Bowl, then speeds into Mardi Gras, heads into Valentine’s and President’s Day weekend, and culminates with the Oscars.
February is a busy month with lots of promotions in the grocery and consumer packaged goods space. Not only do we celebrate two huge events in February, the Super Bowl and Valentine’s Day, we also celebrate Heart Awareness, Canned Foods, Frozen Yogurt, and Hot Breakfast. For all Safeway shoppers, we also get to celebrate the launch of Monopoly this month with many opportunities to win cash and great prizes at Safeway!
Brands and retailers went all out for the Super Bowl, producing steep discounts on soda, chips and frozen appetizers for entertaining a crowd. Valentines’ Day will yield awesome discounts on surf and turf dinners, roses, chocolate gift boxes and candy sales the day after!
Here’s what’s on sale in February:
- Super Bowl: Soda, chips, snack foods, Velveeta cheese, frozen appetizers and frozen pizzas were the focus of the grocery deals last week in preparation for the Super Bowl, expect these deals to continue for the week after the big game.
- National Canned Food Month: Pick up greatly discounted canned fruit, vegetables, pie fillings, soups, meats (like tuna, chicken and salmon) and other canned food items for your pantry.
- National Hot Breakfast Month: Find great deals on oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, frozen waffles, syrup, waffle and pancake mix, hash browns, bacon, sausage and other hot breakfast staples.
- Valentine’s Day: Look for awesome deals on boxed and bar chocolate, greeting cards, stuffed animals, gift sets, wine and sparkling cider, flower arrangements, candles, and for lobster, crab and steak for the romantic Valentine’s dinner at home.
- Seasonal Produce: Get great deals on artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, collard greens, and kale and citrus fruits like grapefruit and oranges, as well as pears.
- American Heart Awareness: February is the month for heart awareness. As such, look for local free blood pressure and heart health screenings.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *