Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Creamy bacon ranch pasta salad with a creamy homemade jalapeno ranch dressing with bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado is a perfect weeknight meal that comes together in under 30 minutes! It’s a fun play on a BLT Pasta salad with a zippy jalapeno dressing and feta cheese that adds creaminess and texture to the pasta.
Take advantage of the hot sales on pasta and bacon at Safeway to make this scrumptious pasta salad for dinner this week.
- Jalapeno ranch dressing: It’s made with Greek yogurt, fresh herbs, jalapeno and garlic – it’s delicious!
- Bacon: The bacon adds salty, crisp crunch to the pasta salad. Feel free to use turkey bacon if you’d like.
- Pasta: I suggest using farfalle, or bowtie pasta, shells, or rotini so that the dressing gets in all the crevices.
- Corn: for a bright fresh burst of color and sweetness. You can use fresh, grilled or thawed frozen corn!
- Feta Cheese: tangy sharp flavors add creaminess to the pasta salad
- Cherry tomatoes: tomatoes add color and juicy bites in every mouthful.
- Red onion: for a little extra zip and crunch in the salad.
- Romaine lettuce: Romaine holds up really well in this Bacon Ranch BLT pasta salad and adds a great crunch.
- Avocado: can’t forget about creamy avocado for an extra punch of flavor and creamy texture.
How to Make a Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Boil the pasta according to package directions
Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Blot excess grease with a paper towel. Roughly chop the bacon. Set aside.
Prepare the dressing. In a food processor, add the Greek yogurt, jalapeno, dill, garlic, olive oil, parsley, white vinegar, onion powder, salt and pepper. Puree until well combined.
In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped bacon, chopped tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, corn, sliced Romain lettuce, avocado, and top with the jalapeno Ranch dressing.
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Bacon Ranch BLT Pasta Salad
- 16 oz pasta Farfalle, rotini or large shells
- 5 strips bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce thinly sliced
- 2 oz feta cheese crumbles
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 5.3 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 jalapeno seeds and ribs removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil the pasta according to package directions
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Blot excess grease with a paper towel. Roughly chop the bacon. Set aside.
- Prepare the dressing. In a food processor, add the Greek yogurt, jalapeno, dill, garlic, olive oil, parsley, white vinegar, onion powder, salt and pepper. Puree until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chopped bacon, chopped tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, corn, sliced Romain lettuce, avocado, and top with the jalapeno Ranch dressing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
How to store BLT pasta salad
This BLT pasta salad will stay fresh covered in the fridge for about 2 – 3 days. It’s delicious made ahead of time, too, so feel free to prep it the night before a picnic or bbq, or prep it for your weekday lunches. I would recommend adding the avocado when you’re ready to serve so that it stays fresh.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals and planning your meals based on sales at Safeway in the Denver division.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*