Grilled Pineapple Burger
Make the ultimate burger this summer with this recipe for a Pineapple Burger Stack with Avocado Salsa. The combination of grilled pineapple, jalapeño and avocado combine perfectly to create a sweet, spicy, and creamy flavor.
Skip the bun and enjoy a grilled pineapple burger where the pineapple is the base of your burger. You may never go back to a bun again! Juicy grilled pineapple is caramelized to bring out its sweetness and then topped with a healthy dose of spinach and homemade avocado salsa and a juicy grilled burger.
Take advantage of the hot deals on ground beef and avocados from Safeway to make this grilled pineapple burger for dinner this week.
Serve with delicious fresh grilled summer corn salad and finish with a grilled cherry crisp for a complete summer meal!
Ingredients in Grilled Pineapple Burger
- 2 ground beef patties, (4-ounce)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 fresh sliced pineapple rounds, 1/2-inch thick
- 2 thick-sliced red onion rounds, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- oil of choice (to brush grill)
- ½ cup diced red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced avocado (ripe)
Add all the ingredients for these burgers to your Safeway shopping list for grocery delivery or pickup, here or by clicking the buy now button below.
Making the Perfect Grilled Pineapple Burger
Heat grill to medium-high and lightly brush with oil.
Sprinkle the burgers with paprika and salt (both sides), rubbing in all over.
Place the patties on the grill, along with pineapple rounds, red onion rounds, and jalapeño.
Grill burgers, pineapple, and onion for 4-5 minutes on each side, to the desired doneness.
Check pineapple— it is done when it is juicy and has good grill marks.
Grill jalapeño 4 minutes total, flipping halfway through cooking time.
Remove jalapeño from the grill and let cool. Discard the ribs and seeds.
Prepare the salsa by dicing the jalapeno and combining it in a bowl with diced tomatoes and avocado. Sprinkle with salt and stir to mix.
Remove pineapple from the grill.
Top each pineapple round with a small handful of spinach.
Add red onion on top of the spinach and then the burger.
Scoop avocado salsa and pile on top of the two pineapple burger stacks. Serve immediately.
Cook burger to desired doneness: Medium Rare (130-135°): 7 minutes total; Medium (135-150°): 8 minutes total; Medium Well (150-165°): 9 minutes total; Well Done (165° and higher): 10 minutes total – For milder salsa, substitute bell pepper for jalapeño – Add cilantro to the top of the burger stack, if desired!
Grilled Pineapple Burgers With Avocado Salsa
- 2 ground beef patties (4-oz.)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 fresh sliced pineapple rounds 1/2-inch thick
- 2 thick-sliced red onion rounds 1/4-inch thick
- 2 handfuls O Organics baby spinach
- oil of choice to brush grill
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/2 cup diced red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced avocado ripe
- Heat grill to medium-high and lightly brush with oil.
- Sprinkle burgers with paprika and salt (both sides), rubbing in all over. Place on grill, along with pineapple rounds, red onion rounds and jalapeño. Grill burgers, pineapple and onion 4-5 minutes' on each side, to desired doneness. Check pineapple— it is done when it is juicy and has good grill marks.
- Grill jalapeño 4 minutes total, flipping halfway through cooking time. Remove jalapeño from grill and let cool. Discard the ribs and seeds. Dice the rest, and add it to a bowl with diced tomatoes and avocado. Sprinkle with salt and toss salsa.
- Remove pineapple from grill. Top each pineapple round with a small handful of spinach. Add red onion on top of the spinach and then the burger. Scoop avocado salsa and pile on top of the two pineapple burger stacks. Serve immediately.
What to Serve with Pineapple Burgers?
The sweetness of the grilled pineapple compliments easy side dishes like salads, corn, couscous, and even potatoes. See our serving suggestions below.
Lemon Couscous Recipe With Grilled Zucchini & Vegetables
Black Bean & Roasted Corn Salsa
Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe
Other Burger and Summer Grilling Recipes
Guacamole Burger With Roasted Corn Salsa
Double Avocado Grilled Turkey Burger
Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
Grilled Salmon Burgers Recipe With Lemon Chive Aioli Sauce
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*