Michael Angelo’s Signature Eggplant Parmesan
I was recently asked by Michael Angelo’s to share tips for using their new Signature line of Italian meals. All ideas, recipes, and opinions are entirely my own, however, this is a sponsored post on behalf of Michael Angelo’s.
If you’ve been following SuperSafeway for some time, you’ll know that I’m a busy mom of three and my kids have a ton of after-school activities with sports, student council, Spanish and daily homework. You also know I’m a big fan of buying clean, natural and organic food for my family as much as possible.
There are definitely days where I just don’t have the time to plan a complete meal, chop all the ingredients, and get dinner on the table in a reasonable timeframe. I recently discovered the new Michael Angelo’s Signature line of Italian meals at Safeway.
I purchased the Eggplant Parmesan meal and served it for dinner on one of our busier nights.
It was so easy because all I did was heat the oven, place the meal inside and 45 minutes later dinner was served! I did make a salad and heated a loaf of olive bread to serve alongside the eggplant parmesan, and my family devoured the meal.
What I like about Michael Angelo’s is that they use real and clean ingredients that you can actually pronounce and taste in each meal.
There are absolutely no preservatives or artificial ingredients in the package. This is important to me because I like to know that what I’m serving my family.
Because Michael Angelo’s is a family owned company, they prepare these frozen Italian meals in small batches. You can really taste the difference that small batch preparation makes, especially in the sauce. I was thoroughly impressed by the robust flavor in the sauce of the eggplant parmesan dish and the eggplant was perfectly prepared where you could taste the eggplant, herbs, garlic, and tomato sauce in every bite. I added a little extra cheese to make it more cheesy before serving and my kids were fighting over the leftover sauce in the pan to scoop up with their bread. That’s how good it was. I will definitely be buying this again and trying one of the other Michael Angelo Signature meals.
The Michael Angelo’s Signature line comes in three flavors and they are all available at Safeway. Here are highlights of the Michael Angelo’s Signature items:
- Michael Angelo’s Eggplant Parmesan
- Made with fresh eggplant, lightly breaded, the right amount of Mom’s tomato sauce – made from hand selected, vine-ripened tomatoes – and topped with Mozzarella. Then sprinkled with a blend of imported cheeses – Parmigiano Reggiano & Pecorino Romano – to complete the dish
- Michael Angelo’s Shrimp Scampi
- Made with linguini pasta, cooked al dente, and add plump, tender shrimp to our perfectly blended sauce made from lemon butter, and freshly diced garlic. It is then topped with diced tomatoes and garnished with a little parsley
- Michael Angelo’s Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Made with fresh beef, vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh herbs that are sautéed and layered with firm 100% semolina lasagna and topped with imported Pecorino Romano cheese from the old country.
They also carry individual servings of Italian meals, so you can have your own personal size lasagna for lunch! The Family size meals run around $10 at Safeway, so for a family of 5 like mine, the cost per meal is only $2.00, which is super reasonable for the quality of meal you get!
If you’re looking for the perfect meal for a busy night or having a gathering but you don’t have time to cook, then check out Michael Angelo’s store locator page to see where you can purchase their Signature Line Meals. Don’t forget to take a moment to follow Michael Angelo’s on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Michael Angelo’s. The opinions, images, and text are all mine.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*