Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
Save money and calories by making your own Pumpkin Spice Latte at home in 5 minutes or less! Use espresso, strong coffee, or keep it caffeine-free for a festive, kid-friendly hot beverage.
Fall has officially arrived here in Colorado, and I’m thrilled – cool brisk air, leaves changing colors and of course pumpkin everything, including pumpkin spice lattes. Today is National Pumpkin Spice Day! Who knew such a holiday existed, but I’m thrilled it does as fall and pumpkin spice go hand in hand.
The perfect homemade pumpkin spice latte that you can make at home in under 5 minutes. I used all O Organics ingredients as well so my latte is not just delicious, but organic as well. You won’t find that at any coffee shop!
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients
For the pumpkin, I used O Organics pure pumpkin puree. Not pumpkin pie filling, but 100% organic pumpkin puree.
For the milk, I used O Organics unsweetened almond milk, so this is a dairy-free latte, which I enjoy without the tummy ache from the milk. To add the perfect amount of sweetness, I used O Organics pure maple syrup, which is super sweet, so a little bit goes a long way.
The recipe below calls for pumpkin pie spice, but if you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can mix up your own really quick by combining cinnamon, nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground allspice.
To be perfectly honest, I have never bought pumpkin pie spice because it’s a little pricey and I have all the ingredients to make my own on hand at home. For the latte, I simply added a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of allspice, and a pinch of ground ginger to the pumpkin puree while heating it and the result was fantastic! If you have pumpkin pie spice, use just a 1/4 teaspoon of it to make the perfect homemade pumpkin spice latte.
I brewed espresso in my Bialetti espresso maker and once the frothed pumpkin milk was ready, I poured the espresso into the mug and added the frothed milk. Easiest, most delicious pumpkin spice latte EVER! I have to say – even better than Starbucks! Certainly cheaper!
How to Make a Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until very fragrant and bubbly, 30 seconds – 1 minute, then add maple syrup and stir until smooth and bubbly, another 30 seconds. Whisk in milk then add vanilla and stir until the drink is hot, 2-3 minutes.
Froth the pumpkin milk mixture with a milk frother until bubbly and frothy.
Brew a shot of espresso or use a really strong black coffee and combine it in a mug with the frothed milk. Top with whipped coconut cream or whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice for extra flavor. ENJOY!
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 Tablespoons O Organics pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon O Organics pure maple syrup
- 1 cup O Organics Unsweetened Almond milk any kind of milk can be used
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 shot espresso OR 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee
- whipped cream or coconut cream for topping optional
- Add pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice to a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until very fragrant and bubbly, 30 seconds - 1 minute, then add maple syrup and stir until smooth and bubbly, another 30 seconds. Whisk in milk then add vanilla and stir until drink is hot, 2-3 minutes.
- Froth with milk frother until bubbly and frothed all over
- Brew espresso or coffee and pour into a mug
- Add the pumpkin spice frothed milk mixture
- Top with whipped cream or coconut cream to make it totally dairy free and additional pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon and enjoy!
You can easily omit the shot of espresso or coffee to make this pumpkin spice beverage kid-friendly. My girls went crazy for it when I was making the lattes at home – they each wanted their own pumpkin spice latte without the coffee.
This picture seems sweet as if they are sharing the latte, but they are really fighting over the mug and the whipped cream topping.
Good thing there was leftover pumpkin puree for days!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*