Spinach and Artichoke Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are a delicious and relatively easy meal option for dinner during the week. Skip the meat and go with a plant-based option with these Spinach & Artichoke Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. You’ll still get plenty of protein from the quinoa, cannellini beans, and cheese.
Take advantage of the hot sale on bell peppers, spinach, beans and cheese at Safeway this week and make these stuffed peppers.
Quinoa is a superfood and is one of the healthiest grains that you can eat.
Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein, and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids.
It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E, and various beneficial antioxidants.
Additional Quinoa Recipes
- cooked quinoa
- bell peppers
- baby spinach
- artichoke hearts
- mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 avocado diced
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/2 cup quartered artichoke hearts roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese plus more for topping
- 3 bell peppers any color
- Preheat oven to 450º. Cut bell peppers in half, and remove seeds. Spray both sides lightly with olive oil spray. Place cut-side-down in a 9x13 baking dish. Bake 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine all other ingredients with 1/2 cup of the cheese. Remove peppers from oven and scoop quinoa mixture into bell peppers. Top each with a tablespoon of shredded cheese.
- Turn oven down to 350º. Cover dish with foil and place back into oven for 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and quinoa mixture is hot.
- Pro tips: Spraying the underside of the foil before covering the baking dish will help the foil to not stick.
Additional Recipes Using Bell Peppers
If you want to try this recipe – be sure to add it to your Pinterest board here.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *