Easy No-Bake Easter Dessert – Garden Patch Parfait
If you are looking for a super easy, no-bake Easter dessert – a pudding and cookie parfait is perfect! How adorable do these chocolate pistachio garden patch parfaits look?
Not only do these taste delicious – they are incredibly easy to make! Simply make a batch of pistachio pudding and layer it with crumbled chocolate cookies in a clear glass jar, or any short glass cup you have on hand.
As far as chocolate cookies – you have a couple of options. You can simply crumble OREO’s for the Chocolate – OREO Thins have the least amount of filling, so those would be good, or the OREO Handi-Snacks that have the filling on the side would be perfect!
Otherwise, I would suggest chocolate wafers, or Keebler Fudge cookies or you can make a batch of Betty Crocker chocolate cookies using the baking mix and crumbling those for the cookie part.
The carrots are made out of marzipan, which is a delicious almond paste that is quite pliable and can be shaped into these gorgeous carrots to top the parfaits. The carrots are not that time consuming, but you do need to dye two different colors (orange and green) and shape them, so if you are short on time, you can always top with whipped cream and some chopped pistachios.
You’ll have a perfect Easter dessert that you can store in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve.
If you love pistachio pudding, be sure to check out my no-bake Pistachio Cream Pie recipe here.
- 1 to 3.4 ounce pistachio flavored instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces chocolate cookies crushed
- 2 1/2 Tbs marzipan divided
- green red and yellow food coloring (1 drop red, 2 drops yellow, 3 drops green)
- Mix pudding according to package directions. In a small zip-top bag, crush cookies into coarse crumbs. To make parfait, spoon in about 1 tablespoon of crushed cookies and top with 1/4 cup of prepared pudding. Repeat, and top with 1 tablespoon of crushed cookies. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- To make carrots, color 1 ½ tablespoons marzipan with red and yellow food color. Mix additional tablespoon of marzipan with green food color. Roll orange pieces into carrot shapes and top with green marzipan leaves. Place on top of parfaits. Serve.
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for letting us share this recipe!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *
4 thoughts on “Easy No-Bake Easter Dessert – Chocolate Pistachio Garden Patch Parfaits”
Pingback: Tops and Bottoms Lesson Plans
Pingback: AMAZING EASTER DESSERTS FOR BRUNCH |
These are adorable! Love the carrots out of marzipan!