Safeway Flu Shots
Did you know that the Safeway Pharmacy offers flu shots as well as other immunization vaccines to help protect your family from illness? Getting a flu shot from the Safeway pharmacy is easy and the technicians have taken the proper precautions during the pandemic to provide a safe and clean environment to get your flu shot.
Skip the doctor’s office and head to your local Safeway pharmacy where you can get a flu shot for FREE with your insurance.
As a bonus for getting your flu shot at Safeway, you will receive a coupon for 10% off your next grocery purchase. How great is that?
Precautions are taken by the Safeway Pharmacy for COVID-19:
- Patient screening for COVID-19 symptoms prior to providing immunizations.
- Online Consent & Release Form to streamline vaccine processing and reduce the number of patients in the waiting area of the pharmacy. The pharmacists will text you when your immunization is ready.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) for all pharmacy associates, including face shields.
- Hand hygiene practiced before and after immunizations, including changing gloves between patients.
- Monitoring of COVID transmission and prevalence in the local area to adapt PPE requirements if necessary.
- Maintaining social distancing throughout the immunization process.
In an effort to keep shoppers safe and out of stores during the COVID-19 pandemic, Safeway is offering FREE Drive-Up Flu Shots at select Safeway locations.
You can get your flu shot from the comfort of your car and not have to enter the store!
Drive-up flu shots are available for free with most insurance* at participating Safeway and Albertsons locations. The time varies based on location.
The specially-trained pharmacists can immunize your whole family, including children 6 months and older from the comfort of your car.
View the participating Denver division locations and times at driveupflushots.com.
Safeway Drive-up Flu Shot Process:
- Wear a mask
- Drive up to your participating Safeway parking lot during the appropriate time. Follow the signs to check-in. You will need to complete a consent form and provide your health insurance information.
- You’ll then receive a shot from the specially trained pharmacist. You will need to wait 5-10 minutes after receiving your shot for the pharmacist to check you for any signs of a reaction, which is the standard operating procedure.
- Get your 10% off grocery coupon and you’re done!
Tips to Avoid the Flu
- Get a Flu Shot!
The CDC recommends that people over the age of 6 months get an annual flu shot.
- Avoid close contact.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, avoid close contact with others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick.
If possible, stay home from work, school, daycare, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose.
Use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing, then drop it in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve rather than your hands.
- Wash your hands often.
Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. Use soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Sickness if often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Other ways to stay healthy:
Get plenty of sleep, eat nutritious foods, exercise regularly, drink plenty of fluids, manage your stress level, clean and disinfect frequently touched services.
Safeway Pharmacy Services
Safeway pharmacies offer more than just prescriptions. In addition to the flu shot, you can also get the following inoculations from the pharmacists:
- Shingles vaccine
- Meningitis vaccine
- Pneumonia vaccine
- Hepatitis vaccine
- HPV vaccine
- Tetanus vaccine
The pharmacy also offers oral contraceptive prescribing, opioid overdose prevention information, mail order and pharmacy delivery services as well as easy prescription transfers.
Shoppers can get up to $75 in free groceries with a transferred prescription.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*