Roasted Spaghetti Squash Soup
You’re going to fall in love with this Ginger & Coconut Roasted Spaghetti Squash Soup. It’s warm, rich and creamy—the perfect dish for fall. Besides tasting great, it keeps well and is a great value.
Soup season is here. With the wind and colder temps, nothing satisfies a hunger strike like a warm bowl of soup. This Roasted Spaghetti Squash Soup has ginger and coconut that make it comforting with a warm ginger flavor and aroma. It’s delicious and a perfect meatless meal.
While you may not traditionally think of spaghetti squash for soup, it has a light, delicious flavor that intensifies when roasted. The stringy squash is pureed in a blender and paired with the delicious coconut and ginger flavors for a memorable soup this fall.
Serve with toasted bread to soak up all the delicious soup left in the bowl.
Take advantage of the great deals on Colorado-grown winter squash at Safeway to make this spaghetti squash soup recipe for your family this week. At just $.99/lb – you can have a meal and leftovers for the week!
Roasted Ginger and Coconut Spaghetti Squash Soup
- 2 Tbs coconut oil divided
- 1 large spaghetti squash cut in half with seeds removed (about 6 cups cooked squash)
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3 cups vegetable stock (divided)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400º. Brush rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Add spaghetti squash halves, cut side down. Drizzle remaining coconut oil over the carrots, onion and garlic. Toss gently and spread vegetables evenly around the squash. Pour 1 cup of vegetable stock over the vegetables. Roast in oven for 40-50 minutes, until squash and carrots are fork tender and onions are translucent and slightly caramelized. Remove and let cool slightly.
- Add carrots, onion and garlic to food processor and pulse until slightly smooth. Scoop one half of spaghetti squash into the food processor and purée until smooth. Add remaining squash and purée until smooth.
- Place squash mixture into a 4-quart sauce pan. Stir in remaining broth, coconut milk, ginger and salt. Warm over medium-low heat for a few minutes. Serve.
How to Roast a Spaghetti Squash
Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Lightly coat the squash with olive oil and roast the halves on a baking sheet for 45 to 50 minutes on a 350-degree oven with the flesh side down.
Super Safeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming, and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*