Strawberry Bruschetta Goat Cheese Crostini
This easy strawberry bruschetta appetizer consists of creamy goat cheese over toasted sourdough bread topped with fresh strawberries, mint, honey, and a balsamic glaze.
Take advantage of fresh strawberries in season and on sale at Safeway to make a super simple and delicious appetizer this summer.
In fact, this strawberry bruschetta is perfect for cookouts, weeknight meals, and elegant enough for a bridal shower, baby shower, or girls night where you need to provide an appetizer.
It pairs well with a rose´ or crisp white wine.
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- Signature SELECT Sourdough Bread
- olive oil
- Primo Taglio Goat Cheese log
- Signature SELECT wildflower honey
- balsamic glaze
- fresh mint, thinly sliced
If you don’t like goat cheese, you can use ricotta cheese, whipped feta, cream cheese, or marscapone.
Add these items to your Safeway shopping list for grocery delivery or pickup, here or by clicking the buy now button below.
How to Make Strawberry Goat Cheese Crostini aka Strawberry Bruschetta?
slice the bread on the bias into oblong pieces. Alternatively, you can half the bread lengthwise and cut into bigger pieces.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
Brush olive oil onto the bread, then toast the bread slices for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and toasted.
Spread the goat cheese onto the toasted bread, then add the sliced strawberries
Add the mint, then plate the toasts for presentation. Drizzle the bruschetta with honey and balsamic glaze.
- 1/2 lb. fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/2 loaf Signature SELECT Sourdough Bread
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 4- oz Primo Taglio Goat Cheese log
- Signature SELECT wildflower honey for drizzling
- balsamic glaze for drizzling
- 6 - 8 leaves fresh mint thinly sliced
- Slice the bread on the bias into oblong pieces. Alternatively, you can half the bread lengthwise and cut into bigger pieces.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
- Brush olive oil onto the bread, then toast the bread slices for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and toasted.
- Spread the goat cheese onto the toasted bread, then add the sliced strawberries
- Add the mint, then plate the toasts for presentation. Drizzle the bruschetta with honey and balsamic glaze.
If you want to make this ahead, I would toast the bread and slice the strawberries, but ideally, it should be assembled fresh within one hour of guests arriving. You can keep the toasts refrigerated, but glaze just before serving as the balsamic will break down the strawberries.
Other Strawberry Recipes
Strawberry Watermelon Salad With Tomatoes and Mint
Honey Lime Grilled Salmon With Strawberry Jalapeno Salsa
Strawberry Protein Smoothie Dairy Free
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*