Smoky Pineapple Pork Chops
Pork chops are incredibly easy to cook on the grill and with this Smoky Pineapple Pork Chop Recipe. You actually create a bit of a smoker effect with hickory wood chips that you soak in water while butterflying the pork chops. The hickory chips impart the smoky flavor into the meat and you get a little heat from the jalapeno and paprika and sweetness from the pineapple that you stuff inside the pork chops before you grill them.
Take advantage of the great sale on pork chops at Safeway this week to make this recipe on the cheap. See additional recipe ideas with sale ingredients in our from the kitchen page here.
Smoky Pineapple Pork Chops Recipe
1. Soak 2 cups of hickory wood chips in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Add wood chips to an 8 x 8 aluminum foil pan and cover with a foil sheet. Pierce several holes in the foil sheet. Remove one grill grate and place wood chips directly above the gas burner in corner of the grill. Return the grill grate placing on top of the foil container. Turn the gas burner directly above the foil container to high. Let grill preheat while preparing pork chops.
2. In a bowl combine pineapple, garlic and jalapeño. In a separate bowl combine paprika, salt and pepper. Open butterflied pork chops and lightly season the inside of the chop with the spice mixture. Add about 3 tablespoons of the pineapple mixture to one side of the chop, then fold over the other side of the chop. Secure cut side of chop with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chops. Season outside of chops.
3. Place chops on cold side of grill. Temperature of grill should read between 275-300º. Let smoke for 18-22 minutes.
4. Turn remaining burners to high, leaving chops in place. Turn chops after 3 minutes. Sear additional 3-4 minutes, or until internal temperature of chops is 145º. Remove from grill. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Super Safeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *