Guacamole Burgers With Roasted Corn Salsa
Juicy grilled burgers topped with savory guacamole and roasted corn salsa make these Guacamole Burgers a perfect summer meal the whole family will enjoy.
Grilling season is here and that means great deals on ground beef at the supermarket.
Mix it up this year by skipping the bun and using a lettuce leaf cup as the bun. Trust me, you really won’t miss the bread, and your waistline will thank you. Serve your burgers with homemade guacamole and roasted corn salsa to add even more flavor than the traditional condiments offer.
Making corn roasted corn salsa is incredibly easy, simply grill the corn for about 9 minutes, rotating it every few minutes so that it gets an even char all around. When it’s cool enough to handle, just take a sharp knife to cut the kernels off the cob and mix with cumin and fresh cilantro. You may never eat canned or frozen corn again once you’ve tried roasted corn.
Take advantage of the hot deals on ground beef, avocados, and corn at Safeway this week to make your own delicious guacamole burgers.
How to Make Guacamole Burgers With Roasted Corn Salsa
Roasted Corn Salsa
Guacamole Burgers with Roasted Corn Salsa
- 3 ground beef patties (4-ounce)
- 3 iceberg lettuce leaf cups
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- oil of choice to brush grill
- 1 small avocado
- 1 heaping Tbs diced red onion
- 1 Tbs lime juice plus zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Roasted Corn Salsa
- 1 ear of corn shucked
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs finely-chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to medium-high and lightly brush with oil.
- Sprinkle kosher salt on both sides of burger. Spray corn with non-stick cooking spray (or lightly brush with oil), then rub cumin all over corn.
- Place burgers and corn on grill. Cook both 9 minutes total, flipping burgers once halfway through cooking time. Rotate corn every two minutes, allowing it to develop a char. Remove corn from grill and slice kernels off into a bowl, then toss with cilantro and set aside.
- To make guacamole, scoop all ingredients in a small bowl and lightly mash until combined.
- To assemble the burger: lay iceberg leaf cup side up and place burger near the core. Fold lettuce 3/4 of the way up, then fold burger over to wrap lettuce around. Stuff 1/4 cup guacamole in each lettuce wrap, then spoon 2 tablespoons corn salsa on top. Repeat for the other two burgers. Serve immediately.
- Cook burger to desired doneness: Medium Rare (130-135°): 7 minutes total; Medium (135-150°): 8 minutes total; Medium Well (150-165°): 9 minutes total; Well Done (165° and higher): 10 minutes total
- Use lemon instead of lime for a different guacamole flavor
- To keep the burgers tender, don't smash them with the spatula, and only flip them once
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter. Thanks to Safeway for letting us share this image and recipe with you.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary.