How to Steam a Whole Lobster
If you want to celebrate the holidays with a lobster dinner, now is a great time to save on whole lobster and lobster tails with great deals at Safeway.
If you prefer the tails, rather than the whole lobster – check out a great recipe for grilled lobster tails here.
How to Steam a Whole Lobster:
- In a large stockpot with a steaming tray or insert, bring 2-3 inches of water to a boil.
- Add kosher salt and return to boil.
- Add lobster and steam for 8-10 minutes per pound.
- Let cool slightly and serve with fresh lemon wedges and melted butter
Watch this video for how to steam a whole lobster and get all the scrumptious meat out.
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for letting us share this video with you.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *