Beef Chili Recipe
Every cook needs a go-to chili recipe! We’ve got one for the books. Lean beef with pico de gallo and spices makes a quick and hearty beef chili that your family and friends will request for years to come. Create a new classic at home with this unique meal.
A warm bowl of chili is the ultimate comfort food on a cool winter night. Beef chili is also the perfect meal to serve for tailgating and when watching the big football game.
Take advantage of sales on beans, chili seasoning, tomato sauce and ground beef at Safeway to make a pot of beef chili for your family this week!
This delicious beef chili recipe is incredibly easy to assemble and the secret shortcut ingredient is pico de gallo that you can pick up already assembled from your local Safeway produce department.
Rather than take the time to chop onions, peppers, tomatoes, jalapenos, and fresh cilantro, you can purchase it prepared and shave 10 minutes off your prep time.
- 1 lb. lean (93/7) ground beef
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (divided into 1/2 tsp. and 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (6 ounces) can O Organics™ Tomato Paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans O Organics™ Pinto Beans
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo (from the produce section)
- 2 cups of water
How to Make the Ultimate Beef Chili
Spray a 5-quart pot with nonstick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, seasoning with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, about 4-5 minutes.
Add garlic into beef and cook for about 30 seconds. Push all ingredients to one side of the pan and add chili powder to the cleared side. Stir to toast the seasoning, about 30 seconds. Add tomato paste to chili powder and toast, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, stirring thoroughly to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve.
What’s your favorite way to prepare chili? Be sure to let us know in the comments.
Be sure to take advantage of the hot deals on lean ground beef and canned beans at Safeway to make this beef chili recipe. You can find more meal ideas based on sales in our From The Kitchen Page.
Killer Beef Chili
- 1 lb lean 93/7 ground beef
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt divided into 1/2 tsp. and 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 15 ounce cans pinto beans
- 2 cups fresh pico de gallo from produce section
- 2 cups water
- Spray a 5-quart pot with non-stick cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, seasoning with ½ tsp salt and black pepper, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic into beef and cook for about 30 seconds. Push all ingredients to one side of the pot and add chili powder to cleared side. Stir to toast the seasoning, about 30 seconds. Add tomato paste to chili powder and toast, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans and fresh pico, stirring thoroughly to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ¼ tsp salt. Serve.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *