Quick & Easy Blueberry Muffins Recipe
This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at my kid’s school. Every year, the parents sign up and treat our beloved teachers with breakfast every morning. Yesterday I made a double batch of my Quick & Easy Blueberry Muffins and brought them to school. If the teachers enjoyed them as much as my family does, I’m guessing there weren’t many left.
Safeway has a HOT buy one get one free sale on the 18 oz containers of blueberries so this is the perfect week for you to give this recipe a try! Perfect for Mother’s Day as well as it’s easy enough for kids to make.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries with this recipe. So, while you are picking up your blueberries this week, pick up a couple extra packages to freeze. It’s very simple to freeze blueberries. Just seal them in a plastic freezer bag, getting rid of as much air as possible, and they will last a few months. I would recommend measuring them into 1 or 2 cup portions, that way you just have to grab a bag and you’re ready to bake! I used frozen blueberries that I bought during a previous sale, which is why they look a bit wrinkly. Don’t worry, they are still delicious!
A single batch of this recipe makes 8 big-topped muffins, 10 standard or 20 – 22 mini muffins. I doubled my batch and was able to squeak out 24 standard muffins, and they surely didn’t seem skimpy to me.
Part of what makes this recipe so simple is that you just need one bowl, and your measuring tools. There is no mixer required and I promise it’s not hard work. It is quick and easy, just like the name! So don’t be afraid to whip up a batch, or two. Just like you can freeze your fresh blueberries, you can also freeze these muffins after they’re baked. You can freeze them in plastic freezer bags for up to 3 months or they will stay fresh on your counter, in an air tight container or storage bag, for 2 – 3 days.
Quick & Easy Blueberry Muffins
Fresh or frozen blueberries mixed up in one bowl! They are great when they are warm from the oven (or microwave) and store well in the freezer.Print Pin Rate
- 6 oz Blueberries - fresh or frozen appox. 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar plus 1 tbsp. for tops
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Neutral Oil Canola, Vegetable or Grape Seed work best
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Milk Dairy or Non-Dairy both work well
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat over to 400 degreesLine your selected muffin pan with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking power and salt into a large bowl.
- Add oil to a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup. Add the egg then fill the cup to the 1 cup line with milk. Add vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix.
The batter is meant to be thick but if you feel it is a little too thick, add a splash of milk. If it seems too wet, add a tablespoon or two of flour until you get the consistency you want.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide into muffin cups and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake 15 - 20 mins until they are no longer wet and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. If making mini-muffins, they should take about 9 - 11 mins to bake.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy!
Makes 8 big topped, 10 standard or 20 - 22 mini muffins.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*