Shrimp Taco Salad
Shrimp is one of the most versatile proteins that you can eat and it really takes on the flavor of it’s seasonings and marinades. While grilled shrimp may be considered more of a summer dish, I have a grill pan that I use year round to get the gorgeous char-grilled marks and grilled flavor on everything from chicken to seafood. While it may not have the full smoke flavor that you get from true grilled food, you won’t miss it in this delicious and super simple Grilled Shrimp Taco Salad. This is also extremely budget friendly with all the amazing deals on shrimp at Safeway lately!
Just this week through December 19th, you can get raw, wild large shrimp for just $5.99 a pound. That is a fantastic price and one that I definitely took advantage of for many shrimp dishes this week! Be sure to also save on spices at Safeway – all spice lines are on sale and it’s a great time to replenish the spice cabinet with some new chile powder, cumin and dried oregano. These are the essential spices that I use the most in my kitchen!
Shrimp Taco Salad
- 1 bag chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Nature Sweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Litehouse® jalapeno ranch-dressing
- 32 shrimp
- 8 skewers sticks
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedges
- tortilla chips
- For the salad, pour romaine lettuce into large bowl. Add Nature Sweet® Cherubs®, sliced avocado, corn, black beans and cheese. Top with Litehouse® dressing. For the shrimp:Mix chile powder, cumin, salt and pepper and sprinkle onto the shrimp. Put 4 shrimp on each skewer and drizzle with olive oil to prevent the shrimp from sticking to the grill. Grill shrimp for 3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Serve 2 skewers with each salad. Garnish with fresh cilantro, a lime wedge and tortilla chips.