Spinach & Feta Breakfast Casserole
Spinach, potatoes, peppers, and onions mixed together with eggs form the base of this make-ahead feta breakfast casserole. A healthy breakfast casserole, perfect for any meal of the day and for meal prep.
This fully-loaded veggie and egg breakfast casserole is a delicious meal that comes together in just 10 minutes of prep time and 45 minutes of baking time. You can use any veggies that you have on hand for the casserole and I like to add some O’Brien potatoes with peppers and onions into the casserole, as that gives it density and also delicious flavor.
We haven’t left the house for a week with the coronavirus quarantine, but I had everything on hand to make this breakfast casserole in my refrigerator. Having a wide variety of veggies on hand allows you to prepare simple and healthy meals that fill your family’s bellies and help keep them satisfied without rummaging through the pantry every meal of the day. Be sure to read about top immunity boosting foods here.
This budget-friendly meal is a great way to clean out the refrigerator and serve up breakfast, lunch or dinner on the cheap. At a total cost of $8.56 to make this breakfast casserole with 8 servings, you’ll pay just $1.07 per serving.
If you wanted to sub shredded cheese for the feta, you could bring the cost down by a couple of dollars, but I had feta in the refrigerator, so I wanted to use up what I had on hand rather than head to the store.
Ingredients in Breakfast Casserole
- green bell pepper
- fresh spinach
- feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- potatoes O’Brien
- olive oil
If you have bacon or sausage and want to add that into your breakfast casserole – just cook it up and add it. This is the 2nd veggie casserole I’ve made this week and I served with bacon on the side. If you like it in your casserole, by all means, add it.
How to Make Egg Breakfast Casserole
This is absolutely one of the easiest meals you can make.
Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
Spray a glass pyrex baking dish with cooking spray.
Chop the onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach.
Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms and the frozen hash browns or O’Brien potatoes and saute until soft – about 6-7 minutes.
Mix together the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, chopped spinach, feta cheese, and the cooked veggies. Stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes until the eggs have set and the top is slightly golden brown.
Serve with hot sauce and avocado or a dollop of sour cream
Spinach Feta Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 12 eggs
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 oz 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 1 to mato diced
- 4 oz 1/2 cup feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup potatoes O'Brien
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Spray a glass pyrex baking dish with cooking spray.
- Chop the onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms and the frozen hash browns or O'Brien potatoes and saute until soft - about 6-7 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs and milk in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, chopped spinach, feta cheese, and the cooked veggies. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes until the eggs have set and the top is slightly golden brown.
- Serve with hot sauce and avocado or a dollop of sour cream
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*