Summer Corn Salad
Bursting with summer flavors, this easy and delicious summer corn salad is the perfect recipe to make when you have fresh corn and tomatoes on hand.
Skip the lettuce in this salad because it’s not needed. You get a nice crunch from the crisp red onion and a delicious creaminess from the avocado.
Take advantage of sales on corn, avocado and tomatoes at Safeway to make this summer corn and tomato salad – it’s a perfect side dish to grilled chicken, seafood, or steak.
cherry or grape tomatoes
fresh corn on the cob
apple cider vinegar
fresh cracked black pepper
How to Make Fresh Summer Corn Salad
This salad is so easy to make and is a perfect recipe for using fresh corn on the cob. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Shuck the corn to remove the husks and surrounding fibers.
Once the grill is heated, place the corn on the grill and grill for about 10 minutes, turning the corn frequently.
Simply halve the tomatoes, slice the onions, cube the avocado and combine. Prepare a simple dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
Summer Corn & Tomato Salad
- 1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado chopped
- 2 fresh corn on the cob
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Shuck the corn to remove the husks and surrounding fibers.
- Once the grill is heated, place the corn on the grill and grill for about 10 minutes over medium heat, turning the corn often until it is nicely toasted and cooked through.
- Remove the corn from the grill and allow to cool until it can be handled. Hold the corn vertically and use a large chef's knife and cut straight down along the cob to slice the kernels off.
- In a medium bowl, combine the halved tomatoes, sliced onions, chopped avocado and corn.
- Prepare a simple dressing of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to combine.
Check out additional summer recipes here:
Grilled Mexican Street Corn – Elotes
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*