Grilled Flatbread Pizza Recipe
Heat up the grill and make a super simple grilled flatbread pizza with roasted veggies. It’s delicious, easy and can be ready in under 25 minutes! In the summer, I avoid tuning on the oven because my frugal husband hates to run the AC, so I can’t stand to heat the oven, which in turn heats the house! These grilled flatbread pizzas are a staple on our summer rotation. I didn’t use any meat in this variety, but you could easily use grilled sausage or chicken on the pizzas.
In fact, just this past Monday I made caprese chicken grilled flatbreads and they were a hit! Using super simple ingredients like ricotta cheese as the base, then topping with store bought pesto, mozzarella cheese, grilled peppers and onions, and topped with fresh basil – these grilled veggie flatbread pizzas are delicious! Really the topping possibilities are endless and you can come up with any array of toppings you want.
Take advantage of the hot deal on Stonefire Naan Flatbreads at Safeway – Just $1.99 with sale and coupon and this can be a delicious and budget friendly meal you can make this week. I used the roasted garlic flavored naan flatbread, which added a ton of delicious flavor to the crust.
I simply cut the peppers into large squares, sliced the red onion into large rounds, topped with olive oil, salt and pepper and grilled for 10 minutes until they were soft and slightly charred. I then transferred the peppers to a cutting board and sliced them and topped the ricotta and pesto mixture on the flatbreads. I grilled the flatbreads for 5-6 minutes over low heat until they were crisp and dinner was served! You can serve with a fruit salad like my watermelon feta salad, or a simple green salad with a lemon vinaigrette.
Veggie Grilled Flatbread Pizzas
- 4 flatbreads
- 4 teaspoons pesto
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in large squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in large squares
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in large squares
- red onion, cut into round slices
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- Toss cut vegetables with olive oil, salt and pepper and place on medium high grill for 10 - 12 minutes, turning once around 6 minutes.
- While veggies are grilling, prepare flatbreads by spooning 1 tablespoon of ricotta cheese and 1 teaspoon of pesto on each flatbread.
- When peppers and onions are softened and slightly charred, remove from the grill and slice the peppers into strips. Separate the onions into individual pieces, or slice if you wish. Place the peppers and onions onto the flatbread.
- Grill the flatbreads over low heat for 5-6 minutes until they are crisp on the bottom. Top with fresh sliced basil and enjoy.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*