Italian Beef Soup Recipe
Fall is soup season, and savory soups made in 30 minutes or less are definitely on my regular meal planning rotation. This 30 minute Italian Beef Soup is a winner every time.
Popular with the adults and kids in my family, it’s a keeper anytime you can shop your pantry for soup ingredients and skip a trip to the store. All you need is ground beef, canned tomatoes, canned beans, and fresh or frozen spinach. The seasonings are really simple, but if you want to add a 1/4 tsp of dried Italian Seasoning, it would kick up the flavor a bit!
You could also make this soup with kale if you have that on hand. I always have bags of frozen kale and spinach on hand to make smoothies, so this is typically what ends up in my soups because frankly, you can’t tell the difference between fresh and frozen spinach or kale in a soup.
This Italian Beef Soup Recipe can also make meal prep a cinch as you can store in a glass container and take to work for a quick reheat for lunch.
Take advantage of the hot deal on ground beef, just $3.77/lb. for the 93% lean beef with a Just for U Digital Coupon as well as the Buy 2 Get 1 Free McCormick Seasonings and make this delicious soup for dinner this week!
See additional recipes and meal planning ideas in our From the Kitchen page here. Watch a video of this soup being prepared from our friends at Safeway below.
Italian Beef Soup Recipe
- 1 cup O Organics® sweet petite carrots cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 14.5- ounce can O Organics® diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano
- 1 15- ounce can O Organics® cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 32- ounce box O Organics® beef broth
- 1 lb O Organics® ground beef 85-15, fully cooked
- 2 cups O Organics® baby spinach roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Spray a 5-quart pan with nonstick cooking spray over medium high heat. Add carrots and sauté 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans and beef broth. Bring to a simmer and add beef, spinach, salt and pepper.
Continue simmering 12-14 minutes. Serve.
Pro Tips: Red kidney beans, great northern beans, or chick peas (garbanzo beans) could be used instead of the cannellini beans. This soup can be frozen for up to a month for later use.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *