Carolina Country Style Pork Ribs
The weather will be warming up to record temps around here this week, so it’s the perfect time to break out the grill and get your barbecue on! With country style pork ribs on sale at Safeway for just $1.67./lb. or as low as $.99/lb. in Fort Collins or Loveland area stores, ribs should be on the weekly meal plan this week!
Here is a fantastic Carolina Country Style Pork Rib recipe that uses simple ingredients like apple cider vinegar, molasses and cayenne pepper to make a zesty and tangy sauce very different from traditional BBQ sauces in the bottle. I think it’s great to try new BBQ recipes and decide which BBQ style your family prefers. You really can’t go wrong with this sweet and spicy flavor combination.
Carolina barbecue traditionally uses a thin sauce made of vinegar and spices, and this recipe also has a sweet kick to it with molasses. You can also use brown sugar in place of the molasses if you have that on hand in your pantry. The end result is a finger licking good BBQ rib.
If you prefer a sweeter and more tangy country style rib recipe, check out our Chili Orange Country Style Rib Recipe.
Carolina Country Style Ribs
- Place ribs in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag, set aside.
- In 4-cup glass bowl, stir together vinegar, water, oil, molasses, salt, red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper until salt is dissolved. Remove 1/2 cup marinade; set aside.
- Add remaining marinade to ribs; seal bag and marinate for 4 – 6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Prepare medium-hot grill, or fire if cooking with charcoal.
- Remove ribs from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill ribs over indirect heat for 50 to 60 minutes or until pork is tender and the internal temperature reaches 160º F.
- Baste ribs twice with reserved sauce mixture during last 15 minutes of grilling.
You can also prepare the marinade and pour over the ribs in the crockpot over low heat for 6 – 8 hours.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *