Chicken Foil Packets With Bruschetta Toast
Foil packets are super easy to make and throw on the grill to have a complete meal with minimal effort and cleanup. Be sure to take advantage of the hot sale on boneless, skinless chicken breasts and organic cherry tomatoes at Safeway and make these chicken foil packets for dinner this week. You can really put anything in these – but this combination of white beans, tomatoes, red onions and artichokes is amazing and would be a great start for your first foil packet. I make chicken foil packets Greek style with Kalamata olives, artichokes, onions and I put lemon slices over the chicken… they are amazing!
This chicken, bean and veggie foil packet recipe from Safeway uses a touch of anchovy paste. If you don’t like anchovies, you can leave it out, it’s really such a small amount meant to flavor the chicken.
Chicken, Bean & Veggie Foil Packets
- 4 Signature Farms™ boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbs Signature SELECT™ olive oil
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced anchovy
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 3 red onion rings
- 6 Signature SELECT™ artichoke hearts quartered
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup white beans cooked and drained of liquid
- 1 splash white wine
- 2 slices bruschetta/ thick-sliced bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 11 splash Signature SELECT™ extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Signature SELECT™ aluminum foil
- Prepare the anchovy butter: mix together unsalted butter, minced anchovy, lemon juice, salt and pepper— use immediately or refrigerate.
- To build the campfire packets: place 2 sheets foil on cutting board. Prepare packets in following order: cooking oil, red onion, chicken breast, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and white beans. Then, add anchovy butter and white wine to chicken packet.
- Close first sheet of foil over packet and secure edges tightly, then fold over second sheet.
- Place packets onto medium-high heat grill and cook for 15-18 minutes per side, or until all ingredients reach internal temperature of 165°.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare the bruschetta. Grill bread on both sides— allow to toast crisp. Then, remove from grill, "scrape" with garlic clove, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Open foil packet and tuck bruschetta into packet, serve and enjoy!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*