Citrus Fruit Yogurt Bowl
Sweet and tangy, this Citrus Fruit Yogurt Bowl is a perfect breakfast to enjoy while winter citrus is in season. Oranges are naturally loaded with vitamin C for an immunity boost in the winter when we need it most.
This citrus fruit yogurt bowl celebrates the citrus season, which is short, but sweet. We are featuring an array of winter citrus fruits here – blood oranges, Cara Cara oranges, Sumo Mandarin oranges and Tangelos. You can also add some pomelo or ruby red grapefruit to this citrus yogurt bowl if you’d like – there are no rules, only sweet and tangy citrus.
You can use dairy or non-dairy yogurt in this bowl. Greek yogurt would add protein to the bowl.
The yogurt bowl has chopped roasted pistachios for some texture and crunch but almonds, walnuts or pecans would also be fantastic additions to this orange yogurt bowl, as would granola.
Fresh mint is used to top the bowl for some brightness, as well as a drizzle of honey to tie the tangy and sweet flavors together for an epic breakfast, snack or dessert!
This is totally Mediterranean-diet friendly and if you want it to be vegan, you can substitute agave nectar for the honey and use a plant-based yogurt.
Related reading: Foods That Boost The Immune System
Ingredients in the Citrus Fruit Yogurt Bowl
- vanilla or plain yogurt – choose a high protein yogurt with low sugar. Greek yogurt will add tanginess and protein to the bowl, but non-dairy yogurts can be used here as well. We used Silk Almond milk vanilla yogurt for the bowl.
- 2 – 3 orange and citrus fruits peeled and sliced – we recommend a blood orange for its gorgeous blood-red color and sweet berry notes, Sumo Mandarin for its sweet jewel-toned fruit, Tangelo for its tangy contrast to the sweet oranges, Cara Cara oranges for its sweet orange juice and a Ruby Red grapefruit for a tart contrast to
- pistachios, chopped – the shelled and roasted pistachios
- fresh mint, thinly sliced – adds brightness and a pop of flavor to finish off the yogurt bowl. If you don’t have fresh mint, you can omit it, but I highly recommend it.
- honey – local wildflower honey is best. The Signature SELECT Wildflower Raw Honey or the Orange Blossom Honey are both amazing and available exclusively at Safeway.
- almonds, walnuts or pecans
- shaved coconut
- blueberries – a natural pairing to orange, the tart berries soak up the delicious orange juice flavor
How to Make Citrus Fruit Yogurt Bowl
Place the yogurt in a bowl.
Top with the peeled and sliced mixed oranges. Add the chopped pistachios, chopped mint and a drizzle of honey.
For extra flavor, you can add granola, or blueberries.
Additional Citrus Recipes
Mandarin Orange Salad With Spinach, Apples and Candied Almonds
Immunity Boosting Fresh Orange Smoothie (Orange Julius Copycat)
Beet Salad With Orange, Avocado and Arugula With Citrus Vinaigrette
Cranberry Orange Curried Couscous Salad
Orange and Fennel Salad With Avocados
Citrus Fruit Yogurt Bowl
- 5.3 oz vanilla or plain yogurt 2/3 cup
- 2 - 3 orange varieties peeled and sliced (blood orange, Sumo Mandarin, Tangelo, Cara Cara Orange, Ruby Red Grapefruit)
- 1 tablespoon pistachios chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon mint thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- homemade granola
- shaved coconut
- blueberries - a natural pairing to orange the tart berries soak up the delicious orange juice flavor
- Place the yogurt in a bowl.
- Top with the peeled and sliced mixed oranges. Add the chopped pistachios, chopped mint and a drizzle of honey.
- For extra flavor, you can add granola, or blueberries.
You can get all the ingredients for this recipe at your local Safeway, which also offers curbside pick up and Safeway Home Delivery!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*