Fresh Orange Julius Smoothie
Right now is a great time to boost your vitamin C intake. Not only does it taste good, but it’s also an incredibly important immunity booster.
I’m not even sure if you can buy an Orange Julius smoothie at the mall anymore, however, you can make one at home. With 5 simple ingredients, you can blend away the magical orange drink you may recall from your youth.
This is a an easy recipe that the kids can help with. They can wash the oranges, measure the ingredients, place the peeled oranges in the blender and push the blend button to watch the ingredients combine to the resulting frothy deliciousness. Those are important skills – math, patience, and the essentials of working in a kitchen.
While the original Orange Julius was likely made with frozen orange juice concentrate (at least that’s how we made it when I was a kid), this recipe is so much better because you use fresh oranges which lightens up the sugar and is a more natural beverage.
Take advantage of a great sale on large navel oranges at Safeway – just $.25/lb. with a Just for U Digital Coupon this weekend only through Sunday, March 30th and make this fresh orange smoothie to boost immunity and take a moment to reminisce your childhood memories with your own kids.
Check out the best immunity boosting foods here.
Ingredients in Orange Julius Smoothie
- milk (I like to use almond milk, but any milk is fine)
- vanilla extract
How to Make an Orange Julius Smoothie
Making the smoothie is so easy – 5 simple ingredients and a blender are all you need.
Cut the rind off the oranges and place the oranges into a high-powered blender. Add the ice, vanilla extract, milk and honey and puree away until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
Fresh Orange Smoothie (Orange Julius)
- 4 oranges peeled
- 1/3 cup milk I like to use almond milk, but any milk is fine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cups ice
- Making the smoothie is so easy - 5 simple ingredients and a blender are all you need.
- Cut the rind off the oranges and place the oranges into a high-powered blender. Add the ice, vanilla extract, milk and honey and puree away until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*