Citrus Herb Roasted Carrots
These citrus herb-roasted carrots are reminiscent of a restaurant-quality side that will knock your diner’s socks off! Just a few ingredients and 20 minutes in the oven will yield bunches of tender, tasty carrots that are fantastic at any time, especially as a side dish for a spring holiday meal.
It’s one of the easiest sides you’ll ever make and with just a few simple ingredients like coconut oil, lemon zest and grated ginger, you’ll have a perfect savory side for your dinner guests to enjoy with minimal effort on your part.
I love buying the organic carrots with the stems and Safeway offers plain orange carrots and also a colorful array of carrots that includes purple, white, orange and yellow carrots.
We tried these roasted with just sea salt and pepper last week and the purple carrots are the sweetest, the white carrots were the softest and cooked the fastest and the yellow carrots were the toughest – but all equally delicious. Although if you ask my kids – they will tell you purple carrots are the best and they will fight over the purple carrots anyday!
Ingredients in Herb Citrus Roasted Carrots
- coconut oil (olive oil can be substituted)
- grated ginger
- fresh mint
Citrus Herb Roasted Carrots
- 3 bunches thin carrots
- 2 to 3 tsp O Organics® coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 handful of fresh mint rolled and sliced thinly (this is called chiffonade)
- Preheat oven to 450°. Trim tops off carrots, leaving 1 inch of green stem attached. If any carrots are thicker than the rest, slice those in half lengthwise.
- Place carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle on coconut oil and toss so that all carrots are coated. Sprinkle with salt, lemon zest and ginger. Toss again and arrange back so that all carrots are in a single layer. Place any halved carrots cut-side-down on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until carrots are caramelized and fork-tender. Remove from oven, arrange on serving platter and sprinkle with sliced mint, garnishing with more mint on the side. Enjoy!
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for letting us share this video and recipe!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *