Honey Glazed Ham Recipe
Your family will love this holiday honey glazed ham. Honey, mustard, and orange zest combine into a rich glaze with just a touch of heat. Sprinkle a bit more orange zest over the ham before serving.
Ham is the quintessential holiday meal – perfect for Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas and for holiday parties and entertaining. Here is a simple, yet delicious honey glazed ham recipe that uses basic ingredients you likely already have in your pantry!
Cloves, mustard, honey, and the zest of orange create the most aromatic and flavorful glaze for your holiday ham.
You can also use the zest of a mandarin, which will give a slightly sweeter and more complex flavor to the glaze.
Serve the honey glazed ham with roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, and a gorgeous salad such as the Roasted Asparagus and Avocado Green Salad for a complete Easter meal.
Be sure to have some beautiful marbled hard boiled Easter eggs on the table that you can turn into Avocado Deviled Eggs or Bacon Deviled Eggs.
Cook’s bone-in ham shanks are on sale at Safeway for $.97/lb. with a Just for U Digital or in-ad coupon April 8th through 15th, limit 2.
You can also get the Hormel Cure 81 Spiral Sliced Ham for just $1.67/lb. with a Just for U Digital or in-ad coupon April 8th through the 15th, which is a fantastic price if you prefer a spiral sliced ham.
Honey Glazed Ham Ingredients:
How to Make a Honey Glazed Ham
Preheat oven to 350º. Using a chef’s knife, make diagonal cuts on the surface of the ham, about 1″ apart. Insert whole cloves into ham.
Place the ham in a roasting pan with a rack.
Pour 1 cup of water on the bottom of the pan and loosely tent with aluminum foil. Place in oven.
Heating time is about 15 minutes per pound (internal temperature to reach 130º.)
Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by mixing honey, mustard, and orange zest together in a bowl.
During the last 30-40 minutes of cooking, remove and discard aluminum foil from the top and baste the ham every 10 minutes with glaze, until glossy and well browned.
Remove from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes, loosely tented with aluminum foil. Slice and serve.
Honey Glazed Ham
- 1 - 10 pound bone-in ham
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 Tbs coarse grain mustard
- zest of 1 orange
- water to cover 1/4" of roasting pan
- Preheat oven to 350º. Using a chef's knife, make diagonal cuts on the surface of the ham, about 1" apart. Insert whole cloves into ham. Place in roasting pan with rack. Pour 1 cup of water on the bottom of pan and loosely tent with aluminum foil. Place in oven. Heating time is about 15 minutes per pound (internal temperature to reach 130º.)
- Mix honey, mustard and orange zest together in a bowl. During the last 30-40 minutes, remove and discard aluminum foil from top and baste ham every 10 minutes with glaze, until glossy and well browned. Remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes, loosely tented with aluminum foil. Slice and serve.
What to Serve With a Honey Glazed Ham?
Mashed Maple-Orange Sweet Potatoes
Avocado & Asparagus Green Salad
Be sure to add this to your Pinterest board as you are finalizing your Easter menu here.
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for letting us share this video and recipe!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *
1 thought on “Honey Glazed Ham Recipe and Video”
Made this for Easter – it was a hit! Everyone loved the ham glaze.