Easy One-Pan Greek Shrimp Recipe With Tomatoes and Feta
I’m always looking for quick and easy recipes that are low carb that I can make for dinner for my family. Luckily everyone loves shrimp in my household and shrimp is so easy to prepare. I love to get the already peeled, deveined and tail removed shrimp for this recipe because it really comes together in a snap for a weeknight meal!
This Easy Greek Shrimp Recipe is similar to my Baked Shrimp Saganaki Recipe – however, the difference is that this is made in a skillet, so there is no need to heat the oven and this one uses fresh lemon juice and also has fresh mint, whereas the Saganaki recipe uses white wine or ouzo so it has a different flavor profile altogether. Both are equally delicious, so give them both a try.
How to Make One-Pan Greek Shrimp Recipe
First, you’ll start by marinating the shrimp in a simple marinade of olive oil, chopped garlic, oregano, dill, salt, and pepper. For extra lemon flavor, you could also add the zest of a lemon to the marinating shrimp if you’d like.
While the shrimp is marinating, heat your skillet and the oil and add the chopped red onions. Saute the onions until they are translucent then add the shrimp and tomatoes. Cook for about 12-15 minutes until the shrimp is pink, but do not overcook the shrimp. Add fresh mint, parsley, and feta cheese and serve. So easy and so delicious!
Take advantage of the hot deals on shrimp at Safeway this week – the full line is on sale for 25% off.
- 1 1/2 lb large shrimp 21/25, fully thawed, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp dry oregano divided
- 1 1/2 tsp dry dill weed divided
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves minced, divided
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 26 oz canned diced tomato
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Chopped fresh mint leaves a generous handful
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves a generous handful
- 2 to 3 oz crumbled Greek feta cheese
- Pat shrimp dry and place in a large bowl. Season with kosher salt, pepper, 1/2 tsp dry oregano, 1/2 tsp dry dill weed, pinch red pepper flakes, and about 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add the chopped onion and remaining minced garlic, cook briefly until fragrant (stir regularly.)
- Add tomatoes and lemon juice, and season with pinch of salt, pepper, and remaining dry oregano and dill. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the marinated shrimp. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes or until pink.
- Stir in fresh mint and parsley leaves. Finish with sprinkle of feta cheese.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*