Easy Mediterranean Tuna Wraps
Tuna is a healthy protein that you can eat for lunch or dinner in many ways.
Tuna has a lot of flavor on its own, so it doesn’t need a lot of add-ins to make a complete meal, and you definitely don’t need to have mayo to enjoy tuna. In fact, I prefer a simple dressing of olive oil and lemon juice with tuna over a heavy mayo dressing any day!
If you like the tuna-salad like consistency, you can always substitute hummus or Greek Yogurt for mayo to keep it high in protein and low in fat.
Take advantage of the hot sales on canned tuna and Romaine hearts at Safeway right now to prepare Easy Mediterranean Tuna Wraps ahead of time and eat for lunches all week long.
This simple recipe calls for albacore tuna, but chunk light can also be used if that is what you have on hand. Simply combine canned tuna with lemon juice, olive oil, ground mustard, salt, pepper, and dill (fresh or dried) to prepare and then spoon a healthy portion over freshly washed romaine lettuce leaves as the wrap.
The cost to make this recipe is just $1.53 if you use chunk light tuna that is on sale for just $.49 with a digital coupon this week.
Check out other budget-friendly recipes using tuna here:
Mediterranean Tuna Wraps
- Optional Toppings
For the vinaigrette, combine lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper in a mason jar. Seal the jar and shake vigorously until emulsified.
Drain tuna and divide it evenly. Place on romaine lettuce leaves and drizzle with vinaigrette. Use optional toppings.
To prepare ahead of time for weekly meal planning, mix tuna with dressing and toppings and combine with romaine lettuce leaves right before serving/eating.
- 1-5 ounce can solid white albacore tuna in water
- 2 Romaine Lettuce leaves left whole
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp of black pepper
- Optional Toppings
- Kalamata olives
- red onion
- hard-boiled egg
- For the vinaigrette, combine lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, dill, salt, and pepper in a mason jar. Seal jar and shake vigorously until emulsified.
- Drain tuna and divide evenly. Place on romaine lettuce leaves and drizzle with vinaigrette. Use optional toppings.
- To prepare ahead of time for weekly meal planning, mix tuna with dressing and toppings and combine with romaine lettuce leaves right before serving/eating.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *