Garlic Herb Flank Steak With Avocado, Corn & Tomato Salsa
Garlic Herb Flank Steak with Tomato, Avocado & Corn Salsa is infused with delicious garlic and fresh herb flavors and grilled to perfection to bring out the juicy steak flavor. The tomato, avocado and corn salsa is a perfect addition to use up summer vegetables.
Grilled Flank steak is a delicious and lean cut of meat that you can serve as a perfect weeknight meal. Take advantage of summer sales on flank steak, avocados, fresh corn, and tomatoes to make this grilled flank steak for dinner this week!
I love grilled flank steak because it is super easy to make. The best part is that you don’t need a complicated marinade to add amazing flavor.
This garlic and fresh herb marinade is simple to make and gives the steak an amazing flavor. I planted fresh herbs in the middle of spring and they are really abundant right now, so using them to make this marinade was a quick way to use up all my fresh rosemary, thyme, and oregano. If you are growing basil or parsley, you can throw that in as well!
This grilled flank steak comes out perfectly cooked every single time! It’s one of my kid’s favorite meals to eat in the summer.
If you are new to grilling steak – be sure to read our guide to the perfect grilled steak with 4 delicious steak recipes here.
Easy Weeknight Meal Option With Minimal Meal Prep
What I love most about it is that I prepare the marinade for the flank steak in the morning in a gallon size bag or a flat food storage container and the flavors work their way into the meat in the refrigerator throughout the day. Then at dinnertime, I heat the grill to high heat and add the steak. While the steak is grilling, I grill a fresh ear of corn (or a few) and make the tomato and avocado salsa. It all comes together in under 20 minutes, which is my kind of meal!
For a smoky variation, you can also char the jalapeno pepper whole while grilling the corn. It brings out just a touch of delicious smoky flavor in the pepper.
Watch a video of this recipe below.
How do you make Grilled Flank Steak With Garlic Herb Marinade?
- To start, prepare the marinade for the flank steak. Add olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh chopped herbs, and salt and pepper to a gallon-size food storage bag or flat food storage container. Add the flank steak and marinate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Heat the grill to high heat. Add the steak and grill each side for 3 -4 minutes to get great grill marks. Transfer the steak to indirect heat and cook them until the steak is 140 degrees in the center with a meat thermometer.
- Grill the corn over medium heat, turning regularly until it’s heated through.
- While the steak is grilling, prepare your tomato, avocado and corn salsa.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the kernels off the corn
- Add chopped avocado, grilled corn, red onion, chopped tomato, jalapeno and cilantro, salt and pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine. Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and serve over grilled flank steak.
The best part is that both the marinade and this tomato, avocado, and corn salsa can be used on any steak – so if you have a flat-iron steak, ribeye, T-bone, or sirloin, the marinade and salsa just adds another layer of flavor to the grilled steak.
Garlic Herb Flank Steak With Tomato, Avocado & Corn SalsaPrint Pin Rate
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Tomato, Avocado & Corn Salsa
- 2 avocados diced
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 - 2 ears of corn grilled and kernels removed
- ½ red onion diced
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of one lime
- In a large bowl or gallon size food storage bag, add olive oil, garlic, chopped rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Add flank steak and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Discard marinade and add flank steak to the grill. Let the steak sear on high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side and then move to indirect heat and let cook until desired doneness. Medium 140 degrees on a meat thermometer. Remove steak from heat and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the tomato, avocado and corn salsa: Add avocado, tomatoes, corn, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and lime juice to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Slice the steak across the grain and top with tomato, avocado and corn salsa.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary.*