Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken
Tangy, slightly spicy, and delicious, buffalo chicken comes together quickly in the instant pot and can be used to make several meals for dinner throughout the week.
If you love buffalo chicken wings, you will love shredded buffalo chicken in the instant pot. The chicken is cooked with buffalo sauce in the pressure cooker, infusing delicious tangy and spicy pepper flavor to the chicken.
My family loves everything buffalo chicken…. wings, grilled buffalo chicken sandwiches, wraps, buffalo chicken salads, and buffalo chicken enchiladas. My husband introduced the kids to buffalo sauce as he requests it every time we go out to eat – even if there is nothing buffalo-style on the menu.
I’ve always made buffalo chicken in the slow cooker – it’s so easy, it doesn’t really require a recipe – but I was inspired to add ranch dressing to the buffalo sauce and the combination was epic. Of course, it would be – ranch is often served with buffalo wings so it was a natural combination.
I used the new Open Nature Vegan Ranch dressing available exclusively at Safeway. Ranch dressing is a funny thing – you really have to read the labels because so many big brands use MSG as a flavor additive in the dressing and you don’t even know it!
The Open Nature Ranch dressing is super flavorful and uses all-natural ingredients that you feel good about serving to your family. It’s on sale for just $1.99 this month – so the price point is just right as well!
Take advantage of sales on chicken breasts and ranch dressing at Safeway and make shredded buffalo chicken sliders for your family this week.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used the Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing (I used Open Nature Ranch Dressing)
I ended up with 2.5 cups of shredded chicken from 2 breasts with the sauce.
I used Open Nature Air Chilled Chicken, which is my family’s chicken breast of choice.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken in the Instant Pot
Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper
Pour buffalo sauce and ranch dressing into the instant pot and stir to mix
Place the chicken breasts on top and add extra buffalo sauce plus slices of butter.
Seal the pressure cooker and set it to 15 minutes in manual mode.
Allow the instant pot to naturally release for 5 -10 minutes, then manually release.
Shred the chicken in the instant pot using two forks. Stir to coat with the buffalo sauce.
If you have time, allow the chicken to remain in the instant pot on the warm setting with the lid on for another 10 minutes or so. This allows the shredded chicken to absorb all the delicious buffalo and ranch flavors and become even more tender and flavorful.
Use the chicken to make sliders, burritos, enchiladas, pizza, or just eat the chicken on its own.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
To make buffalo chicken in a slow cooker rather than the instant pot, you would pour the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing in the slow cooker, add the seasoned chicken breasts, additional buffalo sauce, and butter.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and set to cook on low heat for 6 hours.
Shred the chicken in the slow cooker and mix to incorporate with the sauce.
Recipes Using Buffalo Chicken
Use the shredded buffalo chicken to top a pizza, top a salad, over a roasted sweet potato, in enchiladas, quesadillas, and more! I used the buffalo chicken to make sliders topped with a jalapeno apple slaw and blue cheese.
Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Pressure Cooker
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce I used the Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing I used Open Nature Ranch Dressing
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper
- Pour buffalo sauce and ranch dressing into the instant pot and stir to mix
- Place the chicken breasts on top and add extra buffalo sauce plus slices of butter.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set it to 15 minutes in manual mode.
- Allow the instant pot to naturally release for 5 -10 minutes, then manually release.
- Shred the chicken in the instant pot using two forks. Stir to coat with the buffalo sauce.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals and planning your meals based on sales at Safeway in the Denver division.
For more low prices, check out the Safeway weekly ad and the Safeway coupon matchup page. Would you like to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, subscribe to our Instagram, or head over to Pinterest. Also, make sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. Prices may vary per location*