Lemon and Artichoke Baked Cod
Continuing in our quest to bring you meal deals based on sale ingredients, here is a super simple and delicious recipe using cod, artichoke hearts, bread crumbs and ingredients from your pantry! Cod is on sale at Safeway this week for just $4.00 for one pound for the frozen wild cod fillets with a Just for U Digital Coupon Friday March 22nd only. I love cod, and luckily so does my family!
I tried this Lemon and Artichoke Baked Cod Recipe over the weekend and it was so delicious I thought I would share it with you here. You can serve with a side of asparagus, rice, or baby potatoes.
1. Preheat oven to 400º. Place cod on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine panko, parmesan, garlic, artichoke hearts, lemon, basil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
3. Top cod with crumb mixture. Bake about 23 to 27 minutes until cod is opaque.
Lemon and Artichoke Baked Cod Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fillet
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts coarsely chopped Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt divided
- 3/4 Tbs pepper divided
Preheat oven to 400º. Place cod on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
In a mixing bowl, combine panko, parmesan, garlic, artichoke hearts, lemon, basil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Top cod with crumb mixture. Bake about 23 to 27 minutes until cod is opaque.
Watch the video of how to prepare this dish here:
Check out a couple of other cod recipes for dinner inspiration here:
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *
Thanks to our friends over at Safeway for the recipe and video!