Lemon Baked Cod With Artichokes and Panko
You only need one pan for this delicious lemon baked cod with panko and artichokes recipe! Punch up the savory fish with lemon, artichoke hearts, garlic, and basil—these fresh and earthy flavors complement the cod beautifully.
This easy recipe comes together in under 40 minutes, making it perfect for weeknight dinners, especially on Fridays during Lent. The briny artichokes compliment the lemon and cod perfectly in this dish. Use canned artichoke hearts rather than marinated artichoke hearts for a more budget-friendly option.
Ingredients in Lemon Baked Cod
How to Make Baked Cod With Lemon, Panko, and Artichokes
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Place cod on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine panko, parmesan, garlic, chopped artichoke hearts, lemon, basil, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Top the cod with the artichoke panko mixture. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes until the cod is opaque.
Lemon and Artichoke Baked Cod Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs cod fillet
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 cup canned artichoke hearts coarsely chopped Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt divided
- 3/4 Tbs pepper divided
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place cod on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine panko, parmesan, garlic, artichoke hearts, lemon, basil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Top cod with crumb mixture. Bake about 23 to 27 minutes until cod is opaque.
Additional Cod Recipes
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *
Thanks to our friends over at Safeway for the recipe and video!