Pecan Pie Smoothie
Hopefully you all stocked up on Diamond pecans and Whole Grain Oats in the sale at Safeway this week. The pecans were $3.99 a bag after the Just for U and printable coupon stack and the Safeway Whole Oats were just $1,83 with a Just for U coupon! Such awesome deals for so many holiday recipes. We love pecans and cannot get enough of them during this time of year!
I stumbled upon this recipe for Pecan Pie Smoothie over the weekend and decided it was the best way to use up leftover pecans. Pecans are super healthy and have good fats. They are also an excellent source of vitamin-E, they are also very rich sources of several important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. Pecans are also rich source of minerals like manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
The list goes on – so rather than bore you with the health benefits, let’s talk about this yummy recipe! Use toasted pecans, almond or cashew milk, frozen banana, whole gain oats, vanilla extract and dates to create a delicious smoothie that tastes like pecan pie in a glass!
Pecan Pie Smoothie Recipe
- 4 oz cashew milk (or almond milk)
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 2 Tbs oats
- 2 Tbs pecans
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large medjool dates
- To toast pecans and oats, put both on a baking sheet and cook at 400º for 5 minutes, just until toasted.
- Soak the dates in hot tap water for just a couple minutes to soften.
- In a blender, add cashew/almond milk, frozen banana, toasted oats & pecans, vanilla, and dates, breaking them apart with your hands. Blend on high. Add ice if desired and blend again. Pour & enjoy!
Thanks to our friends at Safeway for letting us share this recipe.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we find and share the best advertised and unadvertised deals at Safeway with and without coupons. We also share recipes and weekly meal planning ideas based on sales to maximize your savings. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Stay updated on the best deals by following Super Safeway on Facebook, on Twitter, on Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *