Plant Based Hazelnut Cacao Smoothie Recipe
A creamy, delicious smoothie with so many amazing healthy benefits – you’ll want to make this for breakfast every morning!
In celebration of Earth Day, we partnered with our friends at Lavva yogurt to share two delicious recipes in a Facebook live video this morning. One was this fabulous Hazelnut Cacao Smoothie and the second was an equally delicious non-dairy Cilantro Jalapeno Sauce.
Be sure to head over to Facebook to watch the video here.
If you like chocolate and hazelnuts together – you will seriously fall in love with this hazelnut cacao smoothie. It’s like drinking a creamy Ferrero Rocher smoothie, but with 50 billion prebiotics and probiotics from the plant-based Lavva Yogurt that we use as the base for the smoothie.
This smoothie is made with dates, the original Lavva yogurt, cacao powder, a splash of vanilla extract, chopped hazelnuts, tahini and coconut oil. It provides an array of vitamins and minerals, healthy plant fats, and fiber, so it’s really healthy for you in addition to tasting amazing!
We reviewed the Lavva Yogurts available in three delicious flavors at your local Safeway last fall and you can read our review here. There is a new printable coupon for Buy One Get One Free Lavva Yogurt available on the Lavva website.
- 1 5.3 oz container of Vanilla Lavva frozen (*tip: try freezing in ice cube trays)
- ¼ cup avocado frozen
- 1 cup almond milk or other nut milk of choice
- 2 large pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter can sub coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon tahini can sub regular black tahini or nut butter
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- Squeeze of lime/to taste
- -Place all ingredients except lime in high speed blender, blend until smooth + creamy
- -Add squeeze of lime to brighten, blend, taste + adjust if necessary
- *Also tastes great with the addition of a frozen banana, just add an extra splash of nut milk when blending!
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *