Roasted Tomato Gazpacho Soup
Gazpacho is one of the most perfect foods in my opinion. I first tried gazpacho when I was living in Barcelona, Spain during a semester abroad in college. I was a bit skeptical about cold tomato soup, but I was so wrong – this is so much more than plain tomato soup.
Gazpacho is a chilled soup that combines the best of summer vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions and garlic. It’s the perfect way to use up all your bounty from your garden, or if you didn’t plant this year, then perfect recipe to make with the hot sales on fresh produce from Safeway. This soup takes a departure from the traditional Spanish method because you first roast the tomatoes, which brings out their sweetness and cuts the acidity. Now that I’ve tried this roasted, I don’t know that I can ever go back to the traditional soup!
Sale ingredients through August 15th : English Cucumbers – $.98 each, fresh roma tomatoes $.98/lb, and red bell peppers for $.98 each
Roasted Tomato Gazpacho Soup Recipe
Roasted Roma Tomatoes
Roasted Roma Tomatoes Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet combine tomatoes, 3 Tbs olive oil, salt and pepper by tossing together.
3. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
4. Place in desired storage container and drizzle additional 2 tablespoons olive oil. Store in refrigerator until use. Makes about 2 cups.
Roasted Tomato Gazpacho Instructions:
1. Add roasted tomatoes, English cucumber, red pepper, onion, and garlic to a food processor.
2. Pulse until desired size of ingredients is reached being careful not too over process.
3. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add tomato juice, olive oil, lemon juice and sriracha. Mix well. Cover and chill for 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Garnish with avocado, shrimp and lemon wedges if desired.
Super Safeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *