Smoked Salmon Cheeseball
Smoked Salmon is a wonderful treat on its own, but when you mix it with fresh dill, chives, a squeeze of lemon and combine it with softened cream cheese, the resulting Smoked Salmon Cheeseball is even more decadent.
A perfect treat for a holiday soiree you may be hosting, or even if it’s just your family for a quaint surf and turf dinner. This cheeseball will be the hit of the party. Serve with crackers, sliced cucumber, and fresh veggies like bell peppers and endive leaves.
For this smoked salmon cheeseball, you combine softened cream cheese with flaked smoked salmon, and chives together until well incorporated.
You refrigerate until hard (about 30 minutes) and then shape into a ball. You then want to create a seasoned topping for the cheeseball by combining lemon zest, minced dill, and lemon pepper seasoning on a plate.
You roll the cheeseball into the seasoned topping and then wrap it in wax paper to store it until you are ready to serve. It’s easy and delicious!
You can find smoked salmon in the seafood department at Safeway.
Smoked Salmon Cheeseball
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces smoked salmon flaked into small pieces
- 2 Tbs fresh minced chives
- zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 ounces fresh dill minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- In a bowl, mix cream cheese, smoked salmon, and chives together until evenly incorporated. Reserve in refrigerator.
- Place lemon zest, minced dill, and lemon pepper seasoning on a plate and mix together. Remove cheese mixture from refrigerator and form into a ball. Roll cheeseball into dill and lemon zest.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers and vegetables.
SuperSafeway is a blog devoted to helping you find the best deals at Safeway in the Denver division. Every week we slice and dice the ad and tell you the best deals at Safeway with and without coupons. For more low prices, check out Super Safeway’s weekly ad coupon matchup page. Want to stay updated on the best deals? If so, make sure to like Super Safeway on Facebook, join our Facebook group, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest and subscribe to our newsletter.
* Please note – Savings information is based on Colorado pricing and the Safeway Coupon Policy for the Denver Division which includes Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and South Dakota. Your market may vary. *
1 thought on “Smoked Salmon Cheeseball”
A delicious alternative for a cheeseball. Love the smoked salmon! It was a perfect addition to my cheeseboard. Thanks for another great recipe!